Friday, January 08, 2010

Yummy Chicken Bites!!

My nephew and his sweet wife brought THE most scrumptious chicken/bacon wraps to our Christmas family get-together! They were gone in 60 seconds! (where have I heard THAT before?)
So, I asked for the recipe and fixed them a few nights later. I had just finished them when Daniel and Erin arrived to get little Jaylon. Let me tell ya.....they went fast!!! *whoosh*
They are soooo delicious! They are our new favorite food! :-) That is, until the next one comes along!
ANDDDD, noooooo....I didn't take a picture of them! THAT is one of my new year's resolutions: To take pictures of the food that I fix!
Here is the recipe:

2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chili powder
6-8 boneless chicken breasts
1 pound of bacon, slices cut in half
Combine the sugar and chili powder thoroughly.
Cut the chicken into nice chunks that can be wrapped in a half slice of bacon. After you've wrapped each chunk of chicken with bacon, roll it in the brownsugar/chili powder blend, secure the bacon with a toothpick and place on a broiler pan or baking sheet.
You will have alot of these so you will need at least two baking sheets or you can bake them in batches.
My nephew said that they baked theirs on a broiler pan so the fat would drain off as they cooked.
I did not have a broiler pan, so I baked mine on a foil lined baking sheet, then placed them on paper towels in a 9X13 dish to drain.
I baked them for 15-20 minutes.
I had some chicken chunks left after I had used all of the bacon, so I just rolled them in the seasoning mixture and baked them. They were scrumptious even without the bacon!! Just ask Erin, as she does not care for bacon.
When I made these I only had 4 chicken breasts on hand. I had alot of the seasoning left over, so I kind of figured that you would need 6-8 breasts, at least, to use all of the seasoning given in this recipe. You could cut down on the measurements for the seasoning if you didn't want to make so many.
They are worth the effort, let me tell ya!! :-)
Let me know if you fix them and what you think of them!!!
Bon Apetit'!

No comments: