It is Wednesday and that means it's time for another Random Dozen questions which is hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee! Just click on her blog title right back there and join us for some random fun!!!
1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
Fairly good. On a scale of 1-10, I would give myself a 6-7. As I've gotten older, I've learned more and more to apply Philippians 4:11...."for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
A nicely cooked steak or Pizza Crossing Pizza! Oh my!
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
I would have to say 6-7.
Only now that I've said THAT, I'll probably be faced with crazy stuff today that will make me lose it! I suffered with a very painful disability for 4-5 years, was on a walker and eventually was unable to go out very much. I learned that alot of things that I thought were sooo important, weren't. And that so many things that I thought HAD to be done, didn't. I learned that everything didn't have to be done my way and that maybe there was actually a better way than MY way. There was. A few times. :-) Life went on and the earth kept turning. Now that I'm much better, I'm endeavoring to hold to and practice those valuable lessons that I learned.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
Hmmmm......would you believe that this most often applies to eating out for me? :-)
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Oh yes! I especially learned to do this when I was disabled physically!
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
The DMV, because the place is so bland and boring, though I usually find someone to talk to and the line at our church carry-in dinners or similar gathering where there is food, especially if I am really hungry! So, I most often get something to drink, sit down and visit with someone until the line is gone. :-)
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
No, because that was 23 years ago and that was not available to us. I did his room in yellow and green! :-)
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
I believe I am just as patient with one as I am with the other actually.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Oh, yes.....when I was just a little girl, my sister Debbie and I shared a double bed. My twin brother Johnny came into our room and woke me and Debbie and I up in the middle of the night. We tiptoed up the stairs and peeked up over the railing and there, in the big room that was the upstairs of our house, were toys!!! I remember specifically seeing a white wooden table and chairs! Oh, but we were so excited!!! We tiptoed back down the stairs and crawled into bed but I don't think we slept another wink!
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
Possibly, to get married to a wonderful, christian man. It was 11 years after giving my heart to the Lord, at age 23, that I met Ed and he was definitely worth the wait!!! :-)
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
I asked my DH this question and he agrees with me.....it is a toss-up, because we are patient with different things and situations. That's our answer and we're sticking to it! :-)
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
Oh, definitely C! I love that song!!