2nd Cup of Coffee, hosts a Random Dozen each Wednesday and here it is Wednesday already! AND the first Wednesday and Random Dozen of 2010! We'd love to have you join in the fun. Just click on Linda's blog link up above!!
Here's my offering for the week!!
1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
Welllll.....if you ask me....and you have :-)........I would say 2. Honestly, I just don't complain very much. BUT if you asked my husband.....and you haven't and he doesn't blog.....he would say....hey, wait just a minute! I'll ask him!
Yayyyyyy.....he said a "3"!!!!! See? I told you I wasn't much of a complainer! What a guy! :-)
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
I used to be a distracted listener but I've really worked to discipline myself to LISTEN! It hasn't been easy, especially because I can be a talker! I just told myself to stop and consider how I would feel if I wasn't being listened to. This doesn't mean that every one that I talk to now is REALLY listening to me but I do think people are more apt to engage in conversation with you AND to listen to you IF they see that you are REALLY listening to them. It does work. "Do unto others....."
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
Perhaps not a "clean" sweep but we are definitely "redding" out here and there! Where does all of this stuff come from anyway!?
And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
I don't have a perfume, per se, but I do wear White Gardenia lotion from Bath and Body Works. I like the softer scent of the lotion.
YEARS ago, I wore Jungle Gardenia by Tuvache'. Oh, but I loved it! A lady that I worked with wore it one day and I was mesmerized by it. I just had to have it! I received so many compliments when wearing Jungle Gardenia. After wearing it for a few years, they discontinued it! I was devastated!! I mean, it was MY scent!
For a few years I just wore this and that, unable to find anything that really did it for me, sometimes not wearing anything, until I found the B&B Works lotion.
AND THEN they quit making the White Gardenia. Can you believe it?!?! BUT I happened to find some little dollar bottles of it during one of there semi-annual sales and I bought ten of them!!! Here's hoping I can continue to find it here and there! :-)
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
If you haven't used it or worn it in the past six months, get rid of it! The chances of you using it or wearing it are practically nil! I read or heard this somewhere and it is true!!!
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
I don't read any comics.
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
In between. Seriously. I love my pillow.
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
Green with touches of purple because I find it to be soothing.
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
"Honk if.....you see parts falling off." :-)
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
I am definitely a Papermate! :-)
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
Making my bed. We hardly bother the covers when we sleep and most mornings when I am making my bed, I am talking to it in my mind, saying, "Oh, but I can't wait until we meet again in about 14 hours. *sigh* ", as I smooth the comforter and fluff the pillows. *sigh*
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
"Jewel, you'd better get up. You're going to be late." *groan*