Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Random Dozen Time!!
Linda, at 2nd Cup of Coffee, hosts Random Dozen every Wednesday, so go to her blog if you would like to join in the fun, meet some new people and share some things about yourself!
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
Hmmmm........you know, I think I'll just stay the age I am. I'm too tired to go back and I've worked to hard to get here. :-/ That's just how I'm feeling today. :-)
BUT, I have said.....on good days.....that I actually feel 35 on the inside. That is, until I get out of bed! LOL
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
Creole Vegetables and Smoked Sausage which can be found here!
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
Get out of the house, go some where, take a walk, visit a friend and go out to eat.
That isn't actually just ONE thing, but they are all kind of similar.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
At my nephew Jason's wedding which was about three years ago, I believe.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
A dreamer, though I do stay in touch with reality! :-)
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
I helped to lead my son to the Lord and then to know the Lord and His
Word in a deeper way and more personal way.
"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates." ~Deut. 6:6-9
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Barney! He just makes the show!!! :-)
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Clutter and disarray.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Blue. I've just been a little melancholy this week for some reason. I think it is the lack of sunshine and blue skies and warm weather and green grass. *sigh*
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
Welllll.....I just read this question to my DH and I can't type what HE said, sooooo I'll stick to MY answer, which I can't think of right off the top of my head. :-)
Okayyy....I've REALLY given this some thought and I'd have to say a Labrador dog because he is so faithful and loyal and loving.
I also thought he's alot like an ant because he is such a hard worker. He is! I have such admiration for him, in this respect.
Sooo, that's my answer and I'm sticking to it!! :-)
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Picking up and straightening up; picking up and straightening up; picking up and straightening up.....you get the idea. :-)