Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Random Dozen!!!

Linda, at 2nd Cup of Coffee hosts a Random Dozen every Wednesday! Here are mine! If you would like to participate, just click on the icon above!

1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
For some reason that even I can't explain, I've always had somewhat of a desire to be really good at basketball. Go figure. :-)

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
A bit of both, actually. As far as the research part goes, I don't go overboard or fret over it. I do a reasonable amount of research, then go with my gut! :-)

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
Belle Plymouth? Good heavens! :-/

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Favorite music because I can always sing. Well, if I'm still allowed to sing, that is.

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
My preference is somewhere in between those two! :-)

6. Your favorite tree is?
Ohh, definitely a weeping willow tree! They are so beautiful and graceful and I don't have one in my yard...*sigh*.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
6

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
My niece and great niece and another great niece and nephew have had the H1N1.

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
I am somewhat analytical, especially about emotional/psychological things.

10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
My DH husband says I am more like a cat because I can sleep anywhere/anytime! Ha.Ha. :-)

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
Yes, I do. They are one of the most precious things in life that I have!

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
Well, I would probably observe for a minute or so and see just how fast the express lane is moving and if it isn't, I might very well take the regular checkout lane.

3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Picturing you playing basketball brought a smile. :-)

I like #3.

I like weeping willows. too, but I don't know if I'd want one in my yard. Our dentist's office has one, and it takes over the whole front area.

Joyce said...

Love the weeping willow too...my best friend growing up had one in her yard and we played with our barbies under there for hours. Their roots aren't nice to the grass though.

Have a nice weekend!

Jewel said...

Yes, me playing basketball is a pretty funny thought indeed, Barbara! LOL And I'd be hurting for the rest of my remaining days on this earth, too! :-)

Hi Joyce! We had two huge weeping willow trees in our yard where I grew up and we played in those trees for hours on end! :-)