Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A quick post

Sooooo, there was these redneck carpenters. They stopped by the lumber store and one of them went in and told the clerk behind the counter, "I need some 4 by 2's." To which she asked, "Are you sure you don't mean 2 X 4's?" "Well, let me go out and check," said the redneck. He came back in and said, "Yep, you're right. I need 2 X 4's." "How long do you need them?" asked the clerk. The redneck carpenter looked kind of puzzled and said, "Well, let me go out and check." He came back in and said, "Looks like I'll need 'em a purty long time ' cause we're buildin' a house."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We now have a Bald Python in the family. Yes, you read correctly. *weak smile* A co-worker of Erin's GAVE her a bald python with all of the trimmings, meaning a lovely display case and pedestal and all of the other paraphinalia that you need with a Bald Python.
So at last count, they have 4 dogs, 8 puppies, 2 lizards, and 1 Bald Python. And Brian. LOL (Erin's younger brother)
I'll post a picture later today of the animals, and maybe even Brian, but for now, I have to go. I have such a busy day ahead. I just pray that I can get everything accomplished that I need to and want to. Happy Holidays!!! It's the most wonderful time of the year!! *smile*

4 comments:

Stace said...

Gosh, having a Bald Python must be interesting. I like unusual pets. My mother-in-law recently found a turtle in distress which I think she intends to keep.

Jewel said...

It is indeed interesting, Stace. Believe it or not, the little thing even seems to have some personality. *smile* It does take some getting used to....handling a snake and petting it. *grin* Erin, our daughter-in-law, is an animal-lover of the highest order. And Daniel has always loved animals, too, though maybe not quite as much as Erin.

Stace said...

I remember going on a school trip to a zoo when I was quite young, and they let a python or something (some massive snake) crawl all over us... it was so awesome!

Jewel said...

Stace, on our honeymoon, Ed and I travelled to Florida and down there somewhere,we visited a reptile farm and they let us hold and handle different kinds of snakes. It really is pretty awesome, hm? Although none of them were massive. I don't think I am brave enough...yet....to handle a humongous snake that could possibly squeeze me to death...literally. *shudder* *smile*