I found this meme at Barbara's blog, Stray Thoughts, and thought it looked like fun!
1. Which do you like better: cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?
I like both. You see, I always cook for us whether we are actually eating dinner here at home or not. That way, we have leftovers and all the trimmings for the rest of the weekend!
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?
3. What kind of stuffing?
Bread stuffing and I usually make a small dish of oyster stuffing for me!
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?
Well, my guys don't care for either so I usually make fruit pies....peach and apple.
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing?
Turkey leftovers are the point of the whole thing! Absolutely!!
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?
Noodles or homemade rolls.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
No, I give it to our dog, after I've picked all of the meat off of it which I use to make soup.
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?
I get up early and put the turkey in the oven. A tradition we had when Daniel was still home was that Ed and Daniel would have slices of hot, juicy turkey around 10:00am on Thanksgiving morning. This would hold them over until dinner.
10. If you go to somebody else’s house, what’s your favorite dish to bring?
I don't really have one.
11. What do you wish one of your guests would not bring to your house? What would you like them to bring?
I usually don't expect them to bring anything but if they insist, they could bring a beverage that they like.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see?
Oh, no drama here. Just a nice, relaxing day enjoying one another's company!
13. Is your cranberry sauce fresh or canned? Whole or jellied?
We don't do cranberry sauce at our house, whole or jellied!
14. What’s your absolute favorite thing on the menu?
Noodles and rolls
15. Share one family tradition.
As I said above, when Daniel was home, he and his dad would have turkey for a late morning breakfast snack. Also, later in the day, I like to go and visit each of my siblings and their families, if they are home, and have a little nibble of their Thanksgiving leftovers!!
Let me know if you do this as well and I’ll come by!
I am linking this to Kelli’s Week of Giving Thanks at There’s No Place Like Home — a festival of Thanksgiving posts — poems, quotes, decorations, crafts, recipes, etc. You can have fun there perusing lots of Thanksgiving inspiration.