Though it is a bit late in the day, I thought I would still participate in Friday's Fave Five.
Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details.
1. There were still enough leaves on the trees at the beginning of the week so that when I road with Ed to do his transport route, we were able to enjoy and savor some beautiful, breathtaking scenery as the evening sun shone through the trees.
2. We now have new president-elect and the campaigns are over. *big, deep cleansing breath* No more campaign materials in the mail or relentless phone calls.
3. I love seeing the fall and Thanksgiving decor and such in the stores and the roadside stands all decked out with pumpkins and mums. I was in New Albany last Friday and there were so many beautiful displays around the town.
4. The smell of autumn! How to describe it? Sweet, ripened apples, leaves burning, their smoke wafting through and filling the valley with their signature aroma, fresh, cold apple cider, the smell of cinnamon and baked goods as the first chill of autumn makes us want to turn our ovens on again and bake.
5. Helping my sister, Debbie, celebrate her 59th birthday. Talking and laughing with her, sharing thoughts and our thankfulness for all of the good things in our lives.