Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The kitty of the house

Ed was eating breakfast the other morning and Ellie was right there watching him take each bite, as evidenced here:



She is so persnickety! If we do offer her a little nibble, she just sniffs it and turns away, but continues to sit there and watch us eat. Go figure. *smile* A couple of things that she DOES nibble at are Pringles Orginial chips and orginial Doritos but only one chip. She will eat just about any kind of dry cat food but she will only eat 9 Lives sliced beef and gravy canned cat food. She only gets about 1/4 of a can of the 9 Lives each morning as a little treat but, let me tell ya......she is ready for it when I get up in the morning! She is all around my feet, meowing like crazy! But I wouldn't have her any other way. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that she watches so intently but doesn't eat what you give her. Our dog eats anything and everything except fruit -- that's the only thing I have seen her spit out.

MotherT said...

We used to have a dog that would watch to see what Jessica ate. She would literally eat anything as long as Jessica did. Jessica fed Onyx bananas, strawberries, kiwi, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, etc. It was hilarious to watch!

PS: Good pic of Ed and Ellie!

Jewel said...

I know, Barbara....it is soooo weird how she just watches us and wants to smell the food, hm? Silly kitty! *smile* Oh, and our dog would definitely eat anything, too!
Hey, Theresa....if Ed and I both are at the table eating or in the den snacking on something? She always comes to ME, wanting to see what I am eating. Go figure. Maybe she thinks I have better stuff than Ed? Onyx is a cute name for a dog!!!

Rochelle said...

My dog doesn't "beg" at the table really. I never feed her from the table. However, when I'm eating popcorn she drags all three pounds of herself to me feet and stares at me with those HUGE chihuahua eyes and I can't resist. It will take her about 5 minutes to lick every drop of butter off the kernal and leave the rest on the floor for me to clean up. :)

Jewel said...

LOL....so your little dog loves butter, hm? *smile* That is too funny!