Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I know, I know.......

......I go from "no posting" to posting three times in one day! I have no excuse. *grin* But I wanted to share a recipe with you. Many, many years ago, the ladies at our church put together a cookbook. I believe it may have been the first one that we ever published. THAT'S how long ago it was! *smile* Well, I was single and thusly, did not cook much. BUT I did want to contribute to this cookbook, so at work I started asking for some really good recipes that I could contribute under my name. *wink* Soooooo, this is one of the recipes that I was given! Several months after the cookbook was published, Sis. Martin, who is now my pastor's wife, told me that this particular recipe was her youngest daughter's favorite dish! I felt compelled to 'fess up that I had never tried it. And I didn't for several years after that, either. But once I was married to my dear husband, I finally got around to fixing it and we love it! So here it is and you are more than welcome to tweak it any ol' way you like!!

Pork Chop Noodle Bake

4 Boneless Sirloin Pork Chops
1 12-16 oz. bag of noodles
2 cans of mushroom soup
1 can of mushrooms
1 cup of water

Season and brown the pork chops on both sides. While doing this, cook the noodles. After browning the pork chops remove them from the pan and put the mushroom soup, mushrooms and water in the drippings. Let this cook and simmer until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Put the cooked noodles in a lightly greased 9X13 casserole. Place the pork chops on top of the noodles. Next, pour the mushroom soup mixture over the pork chops and noodles. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
I usually fix green beans, peas, or broccoli with this. I have never done this but you could probably mix small broccoli florets in with the noodles and bake them right along with everything else. I like to mix broccoli in with alot of things to add some color. You do have to be careful about the flavor combos though. I wish I had taken a picture of this casserole to post here. But, trust me, it is delicious!!! Oh, and this is definitely not diet food. I don't even know if you could possibly tweak it and make it diet-friendly! Bon Apetit'!

2 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Don't feel bad... I am the same way... long between posts sometimes. But it's blogging - not working - and i love reading and commenting, but time is very restricted some days... weeks? So I read and ... leave.

Jewel said...

thank you, Catherine....I feel better about my absences here. *smile* Also, I don't necessarily do this for everyone else but it is my way of journaling, you know? And that is another reason why I want to be more faithful to it. Thank you so much for stopping by.