Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ohhhh Nooooo!!!

Okay, so I'm sitting here at my computer. It's 8am on Saturday morning. I've been up for about an hour and a half. Ed just got up a few minutes ago when he smelled the fresh coffee. He checked the woodburner, put some wood in it and headed for the den. I just heard the familiar strains of "Green Acres is the place to be, Farm livin' is the life for me........." and I thought and said kind of quietly, while smiling, "Ohhhhh noooooo......" To which Ed replied, while laughing, that he needed his morning laugh, which brought back some fond memories.
Wayyyyyy back when Ed and I first started dating, I would call him EARLY in the morning, around 5:30am, to make sure that he was up and getting ready for work. At this time, I didn't have a TV, but he did and when I would call him, it was nothing for him to answer the phone laughing because he had the Beverly Hillbillies on, watching and listening to them while he got ready for work!!! AT FIVE-THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!! LOL And he wouldn't be just chuckling a little. He would be really laughing!!! It got me to kind of wondering, "Okay, what kind of a guy is up at 5:30AM, watching the Beverly Hillbillies and laughing like crazy?" I was a bit concerned, to say the least. Then after we got married and maybe we had had an argument and I was in the other room stewing, he would be in the other room laughing his head off at something he was watching on TV. How could he do that?????? How is that possible????? Well, I still haven't quite figured that one out and we've pretty much put arguing behind us. It just isn't worth it. But, still, I could never understand how he could just walk into the other room, turn on the TV and laugh like crazy.
*Pause* I wish you could hear him laughing right this moment at "Green Acres"! LOL Even I think Green Acres is funny. It's so stupid! LOL
Anywayyyyyy......while I may have been concerned all those years ago about this man I had met, who laughed at these ridiculous shows in the WEE hours of the morning, I'm so glad I got to know him and married him and worked through the difficult times and trusted in the Lord to see us through, and am now sitting here on a chilly November Saturday morning listening to him laugh at those crazy people who live in and around Hooterville! *smile*

5 comments:

MotherT said...

Are you sure Ed and Ross aren't related???

Jewel said...

No. I can't say that I am absolutely, one-hundred percent sure. Perhaps we should check? LOL *smile*

Anonymous said...

Though my husband doesn't watch those shows, he has a great sense of humor. It has carried us over many a rough spot!!

Jewel said...

That is the way it is with me and Ed,Barbara. He can always make me laugh and there have been so many times when it has carried me through indeed!

Anonymous said...

This post made me chuckle. I am the one with the weird sense of humor in my house. My latest binge of old shows (DVD's) has been Gomer Pyle USMC. We also have all the DVD's of Hogan's Heroes, Gilligan's Island, Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Bewitched, I Love Lucy, The Doris Day Show, That Girl, The Andy Griffith Show and more than I can't remember. When I can't sleep at night, I pop one in and find myself laughing at the stupid antics until I get sleepy and can go to bed (and sleep!!). So, your hubby is NOT strange... Ser-Prize, Ser-Prize, Ser-Prize! :-)