Chantelle has tagged me to tell five things all of you don't know about me. Hmmmm, this might be a little difficult. I've really been thinking about this the past three days and I think I might be able to do it. Let's see.....
1. I was a cheerleader. Yes, you read correctly. I can hardly believe it myself. *grin* I was a cheerleader 7-11 grades at good old Starr-Washington Jr. and Sr. High Schools. If you are wondering what happened to the 12th grade....well, I was just kind of a flunkie my 12th grade year, even though I was on the honor society still. Oh, and I was a good cheerleader, too. I was always the one pushing the other girls to do bigger and more dynamic moves and so on. I'll have to find an old picture and scan it here! You won't believe it! *smile*
2. I got married on the same day I graduated from high school. Yes, it's true. I married my high school sweetheart, but from almost day one, we were headed for trouble, as he began drinking and we were so young and unprepared. Our marriage lasted 4 tumultuous years. I've remained friends with him and his family over the years, for which I am ever thankful. For you see, I gave my heart to the Lord a year and three months after our divorce and over the next several years saw his brother, sister-in-law, niece and mother be born again! Isn't that marvelous???
3. I wanted to be a teacher. But my highschool sweetheart said we could either get married or he would put me through college. Well, read above and you will see that I chose to get married! I didn't pursue college any further over the years but I did homeschool our son Daniel which kind of made up for it. I've also taught Sunday School classes and piano lessons over the years.
4. A few of my favorite things are:
Food: Pizza Crossing Pizza (Because the crust has a yeasty taste to it, like there might be beer in the dough batter or something. It is to die for!)
Ice Cream: Butter Pecan or Maple Nut
Past-time: Reading a really, really, really good book (Elizabeth Berg, Anne Tyler, Anita Shreve or Dan Brown) or watching a chick flick. (Sense and Sensibility, While You Were Sleeping, My Best Friend's Wedding, Little Women, The Wedding Planner) and crocheting and napping.
Colors: Red, Black, White, and Animal prints
Songs: He's Been Faithful, Alabaster Box, Hero, Mercy and Grace, and Hold On
5. I didn't want to have children. I know, I know, that might be a bit of a shocker, but I was single until I was 34 and was used to doing what I wanted when I wanted and so on. But from the moment I found out I was expecting, I felt so differently. Oh, there were a few times when I wondered what we were doing having a baby at our ages: me-35, Ed-44. But all of these years later, we are still blessed with our wonderful son, Daniel and now his wife, Erin!
Okay, now I have to tag 5 people. Let me see.........Theresa, Becky, Liz, Donnie, and Sis. Hurst! I look forward to learning more about each of you!!