Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday with Jewel :-)

Ed has been working like crazy outside....well, actually NOT "like crazy" because Ed is one of those guys who paces himself, works steadily along, takes a water break briefly and really enjoys whatever it is he is doing at the moment....sprucing up the place and putting some extra and finishing touches to the flower beds and yard and all. I think it all looks pretty terrific! :-) AND I believe he is just about done for the summer, believe it or not, and we should be able to just enjoy it all from here on out, except for mowing and trimming.





And what am I doing while he is working away? Taking care of Jaylon, doing laundry, playing with Jaylon, cooking, chasing after Jaylon, cleaning, playing cars with Jaylon, paying bills, reading to Jaylon, watering plants, helping Jaylon to eat/feeding Jaylon, fixing something to eat for Ed, playing with Jaylon out on the front porch where he has his Little Tikes water table, motorcycle/rocking toy, play balls, etc.

You get the general idea! :-) And I wouldn't have it any other way! I just love this little guy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made what will possibly be one of many strawberry pies that we will enjoy this summer! Yes, it is gone! It scarcely lasted two days and I only had one piece! Ed looooves his desserts! He said his two favorite kinds of pie are "hot" and "cold"! Oh ha ha.....:-)


Don't get me wrong....I love the occasional piece of pie or a cookie with my morning coffee but oh, I LOOOOOVE me some chips, bread, meat, potatoes, vegetables. Oh, and Dortios? We won't even go there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been planning our annual Peters Family Get-together/Reunion which is this coming Sunday at my niece's home.

It looks like everyone is going to be able to be there. Now if they just choose to be there.

I've been emailing, FB messaging and phoning everyone to make sure everyone knows who is bringing what and so on. I'm taking a strawberry pie or two and possibly a tortellini salad or sloppy joes or....well, I'm just waiting to see what everyone else finally decides on! THEN I'll definitely make up my mind!! :-)

I just love all of my family!! My nieces and nephews and great-nieces and nephews. We don't get to see eachother very often, so I really look forward to Christmas and then summer get-togethers!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In closing this post, I'll leave you with a picture of Ellie the kitty of the house peering out of an empty Pepsi box that she managed to squeeze her chubby little self into. :-)

I had just set the box there for Ed to dispose of and lo and behold if Ellie didn't take up residence in it! :-) So I left it there for a few days until she grew tired of it. :-)

9 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Jewel, you can send Ed over here anytime. Oh, and send him with a strawberry pie while you're at it! Now I am hungry! That pie looks AMAZING!!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Joyce said...

Oh my word that pie looks fantastic! I need to make a strawberry pie now....maybe next week when I'm with my girls...if I make it at home while hubs is traveling I just might eat the whole thing.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

When Ed is finished at Mr. & Mrs. Nurse Boy's house, send him here (also, don't forget the pie).

Haing seen other pictures of Ellie, I hope that was DIET Pepsi. LOL

Jewel said...

You know, if they would keep, I would send each of you a strawberry pie. I would!
And...uh....Ed's not for hire. He's in resting mode right now until I think of something else that needs to be done. :-)
AND that WAS DIET Pepsi, Sir. :-)

Teresa Dawn said...

That pie looks great, and I love Doritos too haha.

My cat also loves boxes. She was so happy when I moved and started unpacking.

Mary said...

Gosh that pie looks wonderful! Looks like Ed has done a really good job around the yard!

Jewel said...

Hi Teresa! Yes, Ellie has never met a box she didn't like and no matter how small they are, she always tries to squeeze into them! :-) Oh, there is no other chip that compares to Dortios! *a moment of silence please* LOL
He really has, Mary. We try to do things nicely around the yard without spending alot of money and Ed does a really good job of it. Hope you are having a great summer!

Barbara H. said...

What pretty landscaping!

Funny the places kitties like to get into. My kids liked getting into boxes, too!

Jewel said...

Hi Barbara! yes, Ed is pretty proud of his handy work.
Daniel liked to play in boxes, too, come to think of it! :-)