Sunday, June 13, 2010

These two shall become one....

Ed and I had just pulled into the carport, arriving home from church shortly after noon. While gathering my things, I noticed a little change in the drink holder on the console between the two front seats. It quickly passed through my thoughts that I should see if there are any quarters in there because we save and give our quarters to many different causes at church.

I had no more than had that thought and gotten out of the car than Ed said, " You should see if there are any quarters in the car and put them in the lighthouse at church."

What? Did he just read my mind? I shook my head a little. Uncanny, hm? And we seem to be doing this thing more and more often. :-)

Soooooo, we come into the house, put our things away, change our clothes and I commence to fixing dinner, which I already have almost ready because I put chicken and dressing in the crockpot before we left for church this morning.

So, I'm minding my own business, fixing dinner, when Ed turns to me and says the very thing that I am THINKING! (although neither of us can remember just what it was, now, a few hours after the fact. :-/ This is happening more and more, too! LOL)

BUT, we do this more and more the longer we are married and I think it is so neat, though at times kind of weird feeling, making me think: Should I be REALLY careful about what I am allowing myself to think? :-) I think not. :-)

Like I always say: What's mine is mine and what's his, is mine! LOL Money, thoughts......we're in this together!!!! For keeps!!!!

6 comments:

Stephani Cochran said...

Marriage is symbolic of our union with Christ. Oh that His thoughts would be our thoughts! Thanks for sharing Jewel. Have a great week!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

My wife & I do this quite a bit. She doesn't like to read my mind because she prefers novels over children's books any day.

Jewel said...

Hi Stephani...yes, oh that it would be so, more and more each day.....His thoughts becoming mine, as I hide His word in my heart!
Velly funny, Sir!!! :-)

Joyce said...

This was so cute : ) One of the blessings of marriage I think. Happy Monday!

Barbara H. said...

We have experiences like that, too. Just last night we were talking to the kids and came out with the same thing at almost the same time.

Sweet Tea said...

Not only husband and wife, but kindred spirits. Love it!