Monday, August 04, 2008

Keeping up with the times

Would you believe that we...Ed and I....having finally joined the ranks of online banking customers and billpayers?? And I love it! It all started when we got a check in the mail for something or other and Ed was kind of pondering what to do with it or where to put it and I suggested opening an acount to do bill-paying with. We had talked about it a few times and, alas! We finally did it! And I can hardly believe how convenient it is! Unbelievable!! AND we COULD actually sign up for direct deposits on all of our income and NEVER see our money!
Okay, now I know that some of you may already do this and so it is no big deal but I am a bit slow when it comes to some of these modern things, okay?
Actually, I believe Daniel and Erin may already do this sort of thing. They have their paychecks direct-deposited, use debit cards, and online bill pay for everything. They seldom, if ever, use cash.
My goodness, they even take debit cards and credit cards at church camp now because the other night Bro. Dillingham was taking up the offering and said not to worry if we didn't have cash because they now accepted both! Well, I knew that PPH took credit cards and perhaps the DVD/CD booth does, too, but now you can do offerings the same way.
Anywayyyyy....I love the online bill pay! Do you do this? Let me know and tell me what you like or dislike about it?
Also, I have been doing more and more shopping online, as far as my clothing and few other things goes. You see, to shop for clothes, I have to drive to Lancaster or Athens and even further sometimes and with gas prices the way they are, it is sometimes less expensive (cheaper!) to just shop online. I have found a couple of places where the sizes are consistent and also, you can get sale prices and seasonal bargains online just the same as in the stores! Sometimes better!
One of the online stores I love is CJ Banks. AND QVC! AND AMAZON BOOKS! Okay, that is threeeee!
Well, I must be about my day! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are looking forward to a good week! God bless!

6 comments:

Don Ryan said...

Welcome to 1998. We've missed you.

Jewel said...

Oh be quiet! *smile* I know, I know....you think I am so old-fashioned. LOL At least I'm making progress!

MotherT said...

I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! my online banking and online billpay features from my bank AND my credit union!!!! Sure has cut down on the mail expense AND I have some bills set to just automatically pay on a certain date each month!!! So, handy and I don't forget to pay them!!!

Glad you are starting to see the benefits!

And by all means, get direct deposit if you can, because it is sooooo much safer and the money is usually in your account and accessible around midnight.

MotherT said...

Hey, I LOVE the green background!! Green is my fav-o-rite color!!

Rochelle said...

I must admit I am hooked to online banking. I only have to buy stamps for thank you cards and around Christmas for the most part! It's easier and I am getting used to doing a lot more on line these days... I wonder what Christmas will behold for me! I still like to go shopping, but online shopping is just as fun!!

Jewel said...

Hi Theresa...yes, I am loving this online banking. It is great! Well, I am glad that I'm using YOUR favorite color! It will be up until football season starts....*smile*

Hi Rochelle....yes, it is surely saving some money, too, with stamps going up all of the time. Shopping online is so neat because you can do it from the comfort of your home! And Christmas is only 4 1/2 months away!!!