Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A conglomeration of things!

Hi everyone! I can't stay on here long because we need the phone line to be open. We have been endeavoring to secure someone to move Daniel and Erin's mobile home in next door and have not been very successful. There are only a handful of people that do it and they are soooo busy at this time of the year! BUT I have to believe it will get moved and set up when the Lord means for it to!
***************************************
Bro. Jim Phillips preached at church both services this past Sunday and the presence of the Lord was just awesome! Especially Sunday night as many people were blessed and renewed and ministered to so wonderfully. We also had a new young lady come to the altar and get a beautiful touch from the Lord. God is still moving in Logan, Ohio!
***************************************
I was coming out of the prayer room Sunday evening before service and I felt a hand on my shoulder and this deep voice say, "Hey Moms". It was my son! Daniel! He and Erin had come up to be in service with us that evening! I was soooo excited! Yes, we talk to them often and see them often but to have them in service with us, worshipping the Lord and Daniel playing the drums....well, it is just an extra-special time and blessing. Daniel and Ihave such a connection when we play together. He makes me sound better than I am and can he play those drums.! I never cease to be amazed at his talent. We just click and the Lord annoints and it is so awesome! And he and Erin are such beautiful worshippers. Truly, I am thankful that my children walk in truth, so thankful that they love the Lord.
****************************************
I was kind of in a cleaning mood Monday......well, I just saw that there was quite a gathering of dust in my bedroom, sooooo I commenced to taking down curtains, cleaning windows and blinds, dusting walls. I also cleaned the living room windows and curtains. In all, that's four windows. Ed helped with putting the curtains back up the next day, but other than that, I did most of it myself. I was in pain most of the time, but I managed with my trusty walker by my side. Everything smelled so fresh and clean when I got done. Needless to say, the pain level has really spiked these past two days, but I can't just sit around and let things go and, all in all, I guess it is just the price I pay for doing things that I like and want to do.
*****************************************
Yesterday, I tried a new recipe for Sweet and Sour Pork. It was pretty delish! Today, I am making Creamy Cucumbers and Onions and grilling some burgers. I have several cookbooks that I checked out at the local library. I love to browse through cookbooks. I've been trying some new recipes out but most often when I find a new recipe, it has ingredients that I don't have on hand, so it has been a bit of a slow process but fun!
*****************************************
One of my fond childhood memories was sitting at the table with my mother's one and only cookbook, looking at the pictures. I loved doing this and for some reason, I particularly remember a picture of the most delicious-looking baked beans. I even remember that they were in a brown crock of some sort. Isn't it odd the things that we remember? *smile*

4 comments:

david santos said...

Phelps, congratulations!!!
"08-08-08" Olympc Games!!!

Jewel said...

Hi David...yes, he surely dominated these games,hm? It was truly a great accomplishment!

Rochelle said...

Wow... you sure did fit in a lot even if you couldn't stay on long! :)

And GO PHELPS!!!

Jewel said...

Hi Rochelle....I type fast??? LOL
I really tried to stay focused which is difficult for me to do! I think I have AADD! Help! LOL