Monday, August 11, 2008

Can you believe it?

Sooooo.....first, I must remind you that I have dial-up, okay? Well, I was endeavoring to access the Olympics TV schedule website and it kept loading and loading and loading....taking forever.....soooo, while waiting, I tabbed my adopted son's blog and it loaded almost instantly! I couldn't believe it! To think that the Olympics page would take longer to load than Donnie's......well, they just haven't visited his blog apparently! (I love you, Donnie..*grin*) The reason I say this is because I just couldn't believe that there were THAT many people wanting to access the Olympics page, causing it to be so sluggish. BUT then I remembered that there were, no doubt, millions of people trying to access that webpage! But.......isn't it easy to forget sometimes that there are millions and billions of people in this world in which we live and, in actuality, we make up such a small portion of it? I mean, we each live in our own little part of the world AND if you don't travel much....which I don't and haven't.......it is even easier to become insulated from the "reality" of our world. While I try so to stay informed and aware, to truly comprehend the vastness of this earth, it is a bit mind-boggling at times. On the flipside of this is the fact that, while this earth seems so huge to us in one sense, when compared to the universe, we are so miniscule. It causes me truly to think......
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Oh, but I am so thankful that He is mindful of me and cares so much for me! There is an old song that says it so well:
"I can't even walk without You holding my hand,
The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide,
Down on my knees, that's where I learned to stand,
And I can't even walk without you holding my hand."
*****************************************************
And just so you know..........the Olympics may be going on, but your blog (Take Two) is the first one I visit each day. (And don't be telling me to get a life either!)

No comments: