Thursday, January 03, 2008

Now we know

About 7 or 8 weeks ago, Dr. Gedeon had asked me if I thought it was helping me to still come to him. He is my chiropractor. I told him that I just wasn't sure. So I decided to take a few weeks off. Well, today, I have hardly been able to get around here at home even with my walker. I know, I know. We took Daniel and Erin out to dinner. Yes, I was in pain, but when I am sitting, it is bearable and it IS his birthday! (you know how we moms are! *smile*)
Anywayyyy.....when my body is like it has been today, it kind of scares me because doing just the simplest things here at home is agonizing, at least from the waist down. So I am thinking that it has indeed been helping me to go to Dr. Gedeon. At least it keeps the pain at a somewhat manageable level. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with Dr. Gedeon, so hopefully I will begin to see some improvement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't remember if I told of this here on my blog, but last February I filed for disability. In June, I received a letter informing me that I had been declared disabled and although I was not eligible for a monthly check (its a long story) I am eligible to receive Medicare, which will begin in March of this year. Now, a big part of me is so thankful that I am going to have healthcare....finally....along with the Medicare supplement that Ed and I will have. BUT another part of me just wants to rely wholly and completely on the Lord for healing, which I have done these past two or three years. He has so graciously healed my burned fingers......immediately.....and another ailment that I was suffering with, so I know what a wonderful Healer He is. I am only human when I say that I don't know why He hasn't healed my back and legs, but I'll not question for He knows what is best for me. I do know that it has kept me so close to Him and dependent upon Him in ways that I wasn't before. I may have put the words to this song on my blog before , but they are worth repeating and they express how I feel so well:
"I don't need to understand,
I just need to hold His hand,
I don't ever need to ask the reason why,
For I know He'll make a way,
Through the night and through the day,
I don't need to understand,
Just hold His hand."

No comments: