Monday, October 22, 2007

Autumn in the Hocking Hills


My friend, Pam, and I went to Conkle's Hollow yesterday to walk and take in the beautiful fall scenery. We walked the gorge trail and it was absolutely beautiful. They had an early American settlement re-enactment on the grounds near the parking lot. I wasn't able to walk the gorge trail AND also walk through the settlement, but I enjoyed it from a distance. I had to pace myself and use my walker. It was so great to be out enjoying nature. We were going to hike Ash Cave, as it is also handicap accessible but we couldn't even get close to it. The parking lots were filled and cars lined the road for a long way on either side, so instead, I just drove us around through the beautiful hills on our way home. Yes, it was Sunday afternoon and yes, we both always take Sunday afternoon naps and yes, our families could hardly believe we were going to go walk the caves, BUT it was so worth it and I think we both actually felt better for doing it. And, yes, we even made it to choir practice on time! *smile*


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jewel, your walker and my chair are the same color. BWHAHAHAAHAHAH

Jewel said...

Now, I'm thinking that this HAS to be Tony! Well, hey, great minds think alike!!! *smile* And blue matches my eyes! Actually, Ed picked it out, but still....I love the blue!

MotherT said...

The Hocking Hills are so pretty in the fall!! The history buff inside of me would have chosen the re-enactment over the hike! ('Course my knees probably would have, too!) Looks like you had a great time.

Jewel said...

I took another long ride by myself today through the hills of Hocking County and the beauty of the hillsides and trees just took my breath away! Thanks for stopping by! ((HUGS))