Thursday, August 16, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Hello everyone! It is now Thursday and I kind of wonder where my week has gone. On Monday, I went to Columbus to have lunch with my niece, Bethany, her husband, the Drewster (Drew *grin*), and little Nathen, my nephew, Troy, and his two sons, Corbin and Cade. We went to Max and Erma's on East Broad Street. Troy and Bethany live out in that area.

Soooooo, by the time I got ready to leave home, I could hardly make it out to the car because of the pain. "I haven't got time for the pain...." Remember that old Carol King song? BUT, I pressed on because I had already made all of the plans. And I am glad that I did because we had a wonderful time. Here are some pics of little Nathen and Bethany:



Is this little boy a cutey or what???? I just kissed on his little cheeks like crazy!! *smile* They're just so kissable!
Ed and I don't eat out very often. We just prefer to eat at home. Thusly, I just can't believe the prices they charge in restaurants! Unbelievable. I had an Ultimate Cheeseburger, which came with fries: $7.99!! And I didn't eat the fries because they were just bland, even though I kept adding salt. I also had Peach Tea, which looked like a glass of beer when they brought it because it had foam on the top of it. I told the kids, "This looks illegal." They just laughed. The tea was okay. Anywayyyyy......thank goodness I had some great company, because the food was kind of disappointing. Oh, the burger was delicious but not $7.99 worth of deliciousness.

I got home at about 7:30pm and I was ready for bed, let me tell ya! *grin* I didn't sleep very well and the next day, Tuesday, I paid for my "galavanting" the day before. It has been more difficult for me to get comfortable in bed so that I can sleep soundly, but I press on. It is just that the pain level has been up considerably, here of late, for whatever reason and it makes doing the ordinary, day-to-day things a bit of a challenge. And that means that I go slower than usual and sometimes I just don't feel like blogging because I don't want to whine or complain. BUT!!! I PRESS ON!!! In Jesus' Name! And I BLOG!! *smile*

Sis. Pam is home!!!! Now that might not mean much to you BUT it does to me!!! She is my prayer partner and such a dear friend. She works in the Athens school district, working with deaf students and every summer she goes to Florida to spend time.......two and a half months worth of time!!....with her son and his family. But, she has returned and I am so excited!

Lastly! Here is the Ohio State afghan I am working on for the lucky winner of my little contest and celebration of 10,000 hits on my blog!!



No comments: