Thursday, June 01, 2006

I did it! I did it!!

In a post from yesterday, I said that I was going to go out and plant flowers and wash my car. This was after I finished doing the usual every day tasks here in the house. Well, you will be happy to know that I did both! Isn't that just wonderful??? I can hardly believe it myself. I got both end flower beds done and about sweat myself to death. Okay, now look.....I do not "perspire". I wish! No, I SWEAT! It pours off of me in buckets, especially down over my forehead and into my eyes. Not a very attractive feature for a woman, but, hey, the Lord created me, so I am what I am. A sweater. Daniel sweats like me. Ed does not sweat. Go figure. How can you not sweat, I ask. How in heaven's name did I get on THAT pleasant subject. *smile* Back to the flowerbeds.......
I still have a long flowerbed to do in the front of the house, so hopefully I can get that done tomorrow. After getting the two end flower beds done and putting everything away, I came into the house, washed up a little and collapsed on the den floor. I must have laid there for oh, about 20 minutes and when I went to get up, it was as if rigormortous *sp* had set in! But I prevailed and was on my feet .....well, I would like to say "like a flash" here or "in no time"......but that wasn't the case. It was more like "after heave-ho-ing my body back and forth for about 10 minutes" or "after Ed got the crane out and hooked me up to it". No, it wasn't anything that drastic, but it wasn't a pretty sight. Trust me on this one, for there will be no pictures posted any time soon of that one. I am so thankful Ed loves me. Oh, the miracle of married love. Thank you, dear Lord.
Now, onto washing the car. After getting my body in an upright position, I gathered up the car wash stuff and headed outside. Do you know how long it has been since I washed a car at home? Close to forever, I think. I have gotten into the habit of just running it through the automatic in town. How easy is that for the price of a crisp Lincoln? But my car was really grungy, so it really needed to be scrubbed and, I am sorry, but those soft brushes at the car wash just don't do the job. So I gave my cute little buggy a deluxe hand wash. I cleaned the wheels and the tires. Polished the windows. Ed could hardly believe it when he got home. He came in the house looking for me with this very concerned look on his face, like he thought I might be laying dead somewhere. Much to his surprise, I was still alive and breathing, laying on the living room floor once again. You see, I like to lay on the floor because that is the best way I have found to rest my back. Sitting just seems to kind of jam it up or something. Eventually, I heave-hoed myself up off of the floor and showered and got ready for church. Yes, folks, we had church last night, too. I'll admit, I was pretttyyyyyy sore and achy, but not as much as I thought I would be, considering what I had accomplished. So I am pretty proud of me! Andddddd I slept from 10:30pm to 6am without waking up! Hallelujah! So work does help one to sleep more soundly, as the Bible says. "The sleep of a labouring man is sweet....." Eccl. 5:12. And sweet it was.
I do believe I am getting stronger and better with each passing day and I am so thankful to the Lord and to all of you who have been praying for me and encouraged me and even for those of you who have made fun of my funny little way of walking! *smile* (you know who you are!)
Well, the Lord's best to each of you! I'll be posting again soon!!

No comments: