Friday, June 09, 2006

Bethany's Graduation and Other Miscellaneous Activities


My niece, Bethany, graduated this past Saturday morning. I wouldn't have missed it for the world! When each graduate was called up to receive their diploma, a slide presentation of pictures of the student's life was presented. It was so neat. And Bethany has been such a beautiful girl from day one. (I wish I had a scanner so I could post a baby picture of her!) After each graduate received their diploma, they were given a rose/roses to give to their mother and other significant women in their lives. Well, here came Bethany with a rose for me, after she gave one to her mother. I just about lost it. I couldn't believe how emotional I got. So I did shed a few tears but I held it together. *whew* After graduation, we went to Red Lobster for a late lunch and enjoyed such a good time of eating and visiting. After lunch, I proceeded to going shopping, which I loathe, (I'd rather have needles stuck in my eyes!) but I was hoping to find something to add to my sparse wardrobe. Welllll....my first stop was Elder Beerman, where I tried on six or seven things to no avail. I was in quite a bit of pain so as I made my way through the mall to C.J. Banks, I sat and rested often. Thank goodness they have alot of benches! Okay, nothing suited my fancy there either, especially for the prices they wanted! So, I left the mall and headed for Catherine's. Nothing. Nada. On to Fashion Bug. Why did I bother? More nothing, nada, zilch. Finally, I made my last stop at Value City. I gathered up about seven things in my cart and headed for the dressing rooms. And at last I found a really pretty Alfred Dunner turquoise linen shirt/jacket with 3/4 length sleeves! And it was on sale for $12.88! What a find! I practically ran....okay, that IS an exaggeration......I walked kind of quickly to the checkout and headed for the hills (home). It was about 5:30pm when I got home and I was beat. I showered and spent the rest of the evening preparing music and putting the finishing touches on my lesson for Sunday morning! But what a good day it had been, even in the midst of my pain. The Lord is good!

No comments: