Saturday, June 17, 2006

What I've Been Up To!

Well, I hardly know where to begin, folks. Let me see.....hmmmm......I'm trying to think of the last thing I posted.....oh yes....I remember. Well, I HAVE gotten a bit behind on the happenings here in my little valley, haven't I? Wellllll......Father's Day has gotten an early start here as Daniel and Erin delivereed Ed a black Labrador dog early this afternoon! His name is Rocky and he is 6 months old, so he still has a lot of pup left in him! He is neutered...thank you, God.....and he came with his house, collar, leash, food, the whole enchilada! He is a sweetie! He knows how to sit and believe it or not, he doesn't bark hardly at all. Again, thank you, God. I will have to teach him how to shake, how to speak, lay down and all of that stuff.
Erin, my sister Debbie and I went to Bethany's graduation party this afternoon. It was in the fireplace room at New Life Christian Center in Lancaster. We visited with alot of friends and family and enjoyed some delicious food. Once my sister Debbie eats, she is done for. It is nap city for her! So once we ate, we didn't hang around too long. She snoozed all the way home.
After dropping Debbie off, Erin and I went to Mingo Park in Logan where Daniel's ball team is hosting a wooden bat American Legion tournament. It was sooo hot, though there was a very nice breeze blowing.....again, thank you, Lord! *smile* It was the bottom of the 5th inning and we were down 5 runs but we came back and won by 3! Isn't that just great??
After the game, Ed drove Daniel and Erin back here to our houe so they could shower and change clothes. They went to the Washboard Festival which is being held in downtown Logan this weekend. I went out to the church and cleaned the bathrooms and vestibule because Ed and I signed up to clean the church this week. He and one of the young men from church had gone out earlier today to do the vacuuming.
I finally got home at about 6:30 and Daniel and Erin were still here so we had a nice visit together. I have been fighting sleep ever since I got home. I don't want to go to sleep, because then I'll be up half the night.
Yesterday afternoon, Ed went into the ballpark to watch one of Daniel's games. He had gotten all of the grass mowed but the hill side and part of the lower yard. Well, seeing as how it is Father's Day tomorrow, I thought I would be nice and finish the mowing for him. Well, with my back the way it is I wasn't too sure how this was going to work. Anywayyyy.....I climbed onto the mower and fired it up and took off. Now, it did hurt me somewhat to get on the thing, but I managed and once on, I was okay. It took me a little over an hour to finish the mowing. I actually enjoyed doing it. But once I was done, I could hardly get off of the mower. My legs wouldn't move and my body wouldn't cooperate, so I just said..."Help me, Jesus" and pushed up on the steering wheel. It hurt but I got up and off of it. I got cleaned up a bit and headed for the ballpark. I didn't feel too bad considering. After Daniel's game finished, I went to Walmart, then got some takeout for supper and headed home. We were in bed my ten o'clock last night!!! I was exhausted. I was in quite a bit of pain in the night and this morning I could hardly move. Oh, let me back up a little here and tell you that when Ed found out I had mowed the grass he was thankful, but he kind of scolded me and told me that if I messed my back up again don't look to him for any sympathy, so I have tried to keep a stiff upper lip today, because I did kind of mess up my back again. *sigh* But I do believe it is better this evening. Sheesh, but I want so much to just be normal! Okay, let me rephrase that because there are those of you out there who will say that I will never be normal! *grin* I mean, physically. I would like to just walk normal, be able to do normal things. Like this evening and last night.....I wanted to go to the Washboard Festival but I knew I just couldn't do all of that walking. *sigh* But I am trying not to whine because I could be so much worse. And I am so much better than I was 6 months ago. Okay, on to another subject.
I bought some scarlet and gray yarn because I am going to endeavor to make an afghan. Now I know how to crochet but I have never actually MADE anything. Oh, I got about a third of an afghan done one time but it was ugly and I got frustrated with it. Anyway, I am thinking that if I can get this FIRST one made and it turns out good, that I might make some and try to sell them because Ohio State stuff sells like mad around here. I'll keep you posted.
I tried to post a picture of Rocky but there is a glitch here at blogger, so stay tuned for the revealing of Rocky! *smile*
Happy Father's Day to all of the great dads out there!!! Oh yes, Daniel is singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" in the morning service tomorrow at church. Well, not just because he is my son but the boy can saaaaaiiinnnnggggggggg! Whew.....I don't know if I will be able to take it. And he has never sung a solo at church. Can you believe it? He has sung with the choir and the youth but he has just been obstinate about singing a solo. Well, Sis. Martin, our pastor's wife, asked him to sing this song for Father's Day and he didn't even hesitate. Go figure. I'm just so glad that he is going to finally sing. I'll let you know how it goes!!!
Goodnight All! I am off to the shower and then to bed!

1 comment:

MotherT said...

I'm was glad to read all of your update! I hope Ed had a great Father's Day! I know that Ross was very happy to have Liz home for Father's Day, and Dustin did an awesome message to the men on Sunday morning! Hope your back behaves itself this week. love ya'