Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year to those of you who are still coming by my blog. :-)

Hey, you might even be coming by here more often than ME! :-) (This is not good.)

I don't know what is wrong with me! I have just kind of been in a blogging funk of late. I mean, I WANT to keep up with my blog but a part of me just isn't into it or inspired or sumthin'. *sigh*

I have been livin' life, let me tell ya! We had a wonderful Christmas with Daniel and Erin and little Jaylon here at our house.

They came by on Christmas Eve Day afternoon with Erin's cousin Natalie who was here visiting from Houston, Texas!

I grilled out steaks and chicken breasts and we had a delicious meal together. We then proceeded to the living room and began opening our gifts. The kids got me two wonderfully soft, snuggly robes which I really needed AND wanted.

AND because the kids already have everything, we got them each an array of gift cards, batteries and little candies. Usually I put all of this in a stocking for each of them but this year I bought two 5X5 square velvet and bowed gift boxes. I managed to stuff everything for each of them into their respective boxes so when I handed these to them, I told them that we were keeping it simple this Christmas! :-) (Oh, but there was PLENTY in those small boxes!) :-)

I know, I know, I should have taken pictures of them! I've been kind of slacking on the picture-taking lately, too. *sigh*

BUT here IS a picture of Jaylon in his Christmas present from Grandpa and Grandma:





Okay, okay.....ERIN took the picture and I swiped borrowed it from her FB page photos, okay? *sigh* :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These next two pictures are not very clear but they are totally hilarious! This has got to be one of the funniest sights I have seen for a loooooong time! See if you agree!! LOL


AND now, for your viewing pleasure, here is the REAL owner of the horse in all of his two-year-old cuteness!!! :-)

Tada!!! Isn't he one adorable little guy? *sigh* I think I am going to have to go and fetch him this afternoon, as he has not been to grandma's house since LAST Thursday! We are in the process of getting him a "big boy" bed! I've been rearranging "stuff" and furniture, sorting and tossing and cleaning.....you HAVE to clean when you rearrange, hm?......where do those dust bunnies come from anyway? I am hoping to finish up today and not be too tired because I do want to get the little guy and keep him overnight. Well, I mean, I'll have him all day tomorrow, too and then Thursday and Friday but I am just missing him!

Daniel called yesterday afternoon and asked me to come up and take care of Jaylon while he went to a dentist's appt. When I tapped on the back door and little Jaylon saw me, he just started laughing and jumping!! It was soooooo precious!!! We played with his trains. Then we tossed a balloon in the air and back and forth for awhile. Then he patted the floor beside of his drums and I sat there while he played his drums for me. Next, it was on to his kitchen set where he heated me up (pretend here *smile) a cup of coffee in his little microwave and sat it on the little bar WITH a spoon. He also served me a piece of toast and a piece of pizza on a little plate. (How adorable!) LOL This being a grandma is so unbelievably awesome! :-)

Okay, I'm thinkin' I'd better get away from this computer so I can get everything done that I need to get done so I can go and fetch the boy later and that means, I am going to have to rest a little sometime between now and then!!!

AND I think Ed is having pancake-withdrawal, so that is on my list, too!

Noooo, NOT to put Ed in "pancake-rehab" but to MAKE him some pancakes for breakfast this morning!! :-)

Over and out! May you have a blessed Tuesday!!!

8 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I like that gift idea for adult kids.

We live on a cul-de-sace, and one family here has a few kids and one Grandma in another house has grandkids that visit, and they were all out one day this week in those little cars. Jim said it was like Nascar out there. LOL!

Loved Jaylon serving his Grandma!

Jewel said...

The kids loved their gifts, too, Barbara...thankfully. We got them gift cards and gift certicates to their favorite restaurants and coupons to an automatic car wash that is conveniently located near to them and they REALLY loved the car wash coupons! :-)

Nel said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas my dear friend. Nothing like those grandkids! Love Jaylon's little car. And what a good idea for the adults. It is hard sometimes to come up with something different. The pics with the dog on the horse are funny. Too cute!

until next time... nel

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

When you get in a bloggy funk,you can alway post grandchild pics & stories.

My grandson had a small car similar to that . We hooked Sparky up to it and that little dog pulled him around the yard. Funny stuff.

I LOL'ed at the pictures of the dog & pony show.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I feel like I just caught up with a long lost friend... I've been busy and am completely out of the loop. So good to hear that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!! Blessings to you in the new year!!!

Mrs. NB

Mary said...

I'm having a hard time getting back in the "blogging groove", too.
That Jaylon is just adorable, and the pictures of the dog on the rocking horse: hilarious!

MotherT said...

I'm glad you all had such a good Christmas! Jaylon looks like he's very serious about riding his horse. Just about had to clean my screen when I saw the dog horse-riding.

Jewel said...

Hi girls!! I told Daniel and Erin to try and get some clearer pictures of Heidi on the horse! They are so funnyyyy!!
It is so good to "see" you all and "hear" from you! Love you all!! ((HUGS))