I haven't participated in the WRD for a couple of weeks because of time constraints but am determined to do so this week! :-) I think if I didn't put so much thought into the questions it wouldn't take me nearly so long but I tend to overthink things sometimes.
Anywayyyyy, below are my answers and YOU can participate, too, by clicking on Linda's blog and following the simple instructions!! :-)
1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)
Why in the world I have never forgotten this, I may never know BUT when I was in grade school, I remember mispronouncing "Scioto", which is the name of a river that runs through central and southern Ohio. I pronounced it "Ski-o-toe" and was corrected by someone, though I don't remember who exactly.
2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")
I seldom text but when I do, I still text complete words, along with punctuation. After 59 years, it's just a habit that I find hard to break and the shortcuts seem a bit juvenile, which I am not. :-)
And I have to agree with Joyce, in that if I really want to get in contact with my nieces and nephews or DIL, who do not always answer their phones (an understatement), all I have to do is send a text. Voila'! An almost immediate response! Go figure. (Does this mean I am really old?) LOL
3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.
Well, I am a twin. I have a twin brother and so many people thought it would be neat if we had our picture taken together, so we did. I think Johnny and I were also endeavoring to be considerate of our parents, as they did not have alot of money to spend on extras when we were growing up. It was one thing to pay for senior pictures for one child but two? Hello.
Anywayyyy....we had our picture taken together and it turned out pretty good but I've always thought that I look old in mine. Not one of my favorites. :-) I'll try to post the picture sometime soon but time is not on my side presently!
5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.
I can only remember our school having one homecoming. And we only had basketball at our high school. No football. My oldest sister Bev was one of the finalists. Of course, I wanted her to win but another girl did. She was a cheerleader but had a pretty wild reputation and, in my opinion, was not attractive at all. She and some of her friends had always given Bev a rough time about being a goody-two-shoes. Oh,well, it's in the past and as my friend Pumba once said, "Ya gotta put your behind in your past". LOL
6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"
I think sunsets because I stand a better chance of getting to see one. And the ones in the fall are absolutely spectacular! Our church is on a small knoll and is the perfect place to watch a sunset!
7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"
Get my photos organized and in albums. Travel out west and see the west coast. There is so much that I would love to do, it is difficult to just list one thing! :-)
8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"
I would have to say a house cat. What a life! :-)
9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.
Well, we were living here in the same place as we are now. I weighed about 50lbs. less than what I do now. I was a walking fanatic! :-) We were still home-schooling Daniel, which is such a wonderful memory that we have! I was working part-time at the library, which I absolutely loved! We had just returned to our former church and had begun working with the youth, which we continued to do for the next 7-8 years. That is just about all that I can remember at the moment! :-)
10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?
No, but that is not to say that I haven't wanted to but the Lord always reminds me, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." "Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good." "He that exalteth himself, shall be abased." Need I go on? :-)
I am so thankful for the word of the Lord that keeps me in line when I want so much to just tear loose sometimes. :-/
11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"
Oh.My.Word. On Sunday evenings after our evening service at church, we have been going through the drive-through at Dairy Queen so I can get a small caramel sundae with pecans. I am addicted. I don't know what kind of pecans these are but they are mostly whole and maybe toasted but they are to die for when mixed with the rich, creamy ice cream and the smooth, luscious caramel. Help me! I'm dying for one! LOL
12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)
The first family that comes to mind is the March family in Little Women. I just loved the book and the movie with Susan Sarandon as the mother. They were such a loving and giving family and I admired the conservative, humble way in which they lived, but I also loved the way that Jo was allowed to go forth and pursue her dream of writing in a time when women's worldly ambitions were more often than not suppressed. I see much of myself in Jo. :-)