It's that time of week again! Time for Wednesday's Random Dozen! And this week it has an Easter-y kind of theme! :-) If you would like to join in, just go over to Linda's blog at 2nd Cup of Coffee and enter the fray! :-) It is so much fun meeting new friends and getting to know more about one another!! Hope you are having beautiful weather where you are!!!
1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
Ohhhh, I don't care for peeps at all. Huh uh. No, thank you.
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?
The best way for me to calm down is to find a quiet place and spend some time with the Lord and His word and I usually end up playing the piano and singing and worshipping Him, too.
"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." ~Psalm 55:22
"Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." ~I Peter 5:7
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?
Oh yes. They make the air smell and feel so fresh and wonderful. And I love to hear the rain on the roof. Ahhhhh.
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?
Hmmmm....I would have to say Ed, my dear husband. He has been a wonderful companion to me for these past 24 years. I don't know what I would do without him by my side!
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?
Neither, thank you. I came into this world without either and I would like to leave this world with neither. :-)
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?
No, not really, though Easter is always special to me whether I have special plans or not. :-) I'm working on special music for the morning service at church and we will be taking communion in the evening service.
Easter is always a special time of remembering the overwhelming price that the Lord paid to set me free and give me new life in exchange for the old. Oh, what a Saviour!
We had Daniel, Erin and little Jaylon over for an early Easter dinner yesterday evening (Tues.). That way they can be open on Sunday to spend time with Erin's family or do whatever they want as a family.
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?
Welllll....if I am going to have one or the other, it would have to be the Cadbury Egg, but, in all honesty, I am just not a candy-lover, so I won't be having either. Now, the Easter ham? Oh yes!!! Seconds please!!! :-)
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
Daniel and Jaylon! Hard to believe, hm? :-)
I fixed an early Easter dinner for Daniel, Erin and Jaylon this evening. After dinner, Daniel was lifting Jaylon up so that his head touched the kitchen ceiling and Jaylon was just laughing! It was so cute!! Had to have a picture of that AND video!!! :-)
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?
Game Change by John Heileman and James Halperin. It is about the presidential campaign of 2008, the 4 years preceding it, and the candidates who were running, specifically the Obamas, the Clintons and the McCains/Sarah Palin, with a few others thrown in, i.e. the Edwards, the Romneys, the Guilianis.
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
Moving the appliances and cleaning behind them. Or possibly washing walls. Or maybe cleaning windows and blinds. Or.....all of it! :-)
No, really....the first one...moving all of the appliances, i.e. washer/dryer, stove, refrigerator.....and cleaning behind them.
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
Nada. Zilch. I've not been able to wear flip-flops for years because of back problems and so on. But then, I never was a big fan of flip-flops. Oh, wait! I did have a pair of "Jesus" sandals back in the '60's. Remember those? Anyone? :-/ (Am I THAT old? LOL)
12. Which color makes you happiest?
I would have to say PINK!! I do love pink. I've finally come to realize just how much I really do love PINK after a random dozen question of a few weeks ago conerning which was our favorite, ed or pink?! :-)