Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stayin' Alive!

Well, the time change has succeeded in totally messing up discomboobalating my internal clock. BUT! On the flipside of THAT statement....I do love the extra daylight in the evening. THOUGH, so far, I have been too tired to enjoy it. What's a woman to do? *sigh*


Little Jaylon...pictured in all of his cuteness above...has been sick. To be perfectly honest, he has had diarrhea for almost a week. And with the diarrhea has come a pretty nasty diaper rash but we've gotten that all healed up. AND, Mrs. NB, you'll be pleased to know that the doctor recommended a mixture of Milk of Magnesia and Aquafor. He had a pretty high fever for a couple of days but that has gone away, thankfully. The doctor said the diarrhea could last 7-10 days, so we are just praying that it goes away soon. He is still eating and drinking normally, so that is good, but he has been a bit grumpy and fussy and hard to get along with. (Please don't tell me that THAT is going to last! Oh my!).

The SUN (that obscure yellow orb that rises in the east and sets in the west) is supposed to shine the rest of the week until Saturday when we are supposed to be visited by some passing wintry mix (I'm not even going to mention that 4-letter wintry word) that is not supposed to stick or stay around.

My niece, Bethany, gave birth to a beautiful little baby girl a week and a half ago. Here is a gorgeous picture of Bethany and her little Hayley:

And here is a picture of her little son, Nathen, with his little sister:

Isn't that just adorable? :-)

Well, I am going to post this and go fix Ed and little Jaylon some breakast. Jaylon loves his eggies and toast in the morning.

Oh, and yes, I am a bit late in getting breakfast this morning BECAUSE I woke up at three o'clock this morning and lay there kind of fretting about some things, couldn't go back to sleep and, consequently, did not get much sleep last night. So, when Jaylon went back to sleep this morning, I crawled back into bed and slept until 9:15. Now I am ready to greet the day!!!!! :-) AND fix breakfast! AND later today, I am wanting to fix spaghetti and meatballs. I have had a craving for them for some wierd reason and I've never made homemade meatballs but I have found an easy recipe, so I am going to attempt it! I'll post a picture!!!

6 comments:

Stephani Cochran said...

Seeing Jaylon sitting in that rocking chair with the beautiful grin, put a smile on my face this morning. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara H. said...

I am sorry Jaylon's been sick. I hope he's right as rain soon.

Those are all such cute pictures. I love that last one especially.

Joyce said...

I love the picture in the rocker...what a face!

I always make homemade meatballs...my husband loves them. They aren't hard to do but it's a little time consuming. I get a craving for them every now and then too. I make mine small and just drop them in the sauce to cook and they do great that way. I saw Nigella do that on tv in the UK and my husband didn't believe they would cook thru but they do. No messy pan from the oven either : )

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I'm with you on the messed up internal clock. I'm all out of whack. (maybe I shouldn't say that, my wife may whack me)

MotherT said...

I really think that the time change is a political thing. Look at it, we lose an hour of sleep before the Spring election season, but we gain an hour before the Fall elections. And they wonder why so few show up for Spring voting???

Jaylon is getting sooooo cute, I just may have to come down and squish him! Love the pic of Bethany's children together.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Thanks for the nod there, my friend! Had I told you about that mixture before?? We used to mix up that stuff and it worked like a dream! ;0)

Jaylon in that rocker is simply adorable! Those cheeks and that smile! You are a blessed woman!

Mrs. NB