Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wednesday! Time for Random Dozen!

Happy Wednesday to everyone! If you would like to join in the fun of Random Dozen, click on over to Linda's blog and have at it! You'll meet alot of really great people and have fun getting to know them and letting us learn more about you! You'll probably even learn more about yourself, too....Egads! :-)
As a sidenote: It's snowing! Again! Egads!

1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
Would you believe that the only time I've EVER shot a gun was one time when Ohio State beat Michigan in their yearly football rivalry? I just couldn't help myself! I was so wound up and excited that I asked Ed to get the gun (I don't know if it was a rifle or a shotgun :-/), we went out on the backporch, he helped me put the gun to my shoulder and POW! We about laughed ourselves silly! Gosh, but that sounds so "Hillbillyish", doesn't it? LOL
I really should take a gun course, just in case.......of what, I'm not sure, but, hey, you can't be too careful.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
Hmmmm.......My gradeschool best friend lives here locally and my junior high/high school best friend lives just down the road from me!
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
If I'm going with my husband, I am on time and usually early. If I'm going by myself, I'm usually late. :-/ It's a hard habit to break. (Isn't that a song?)
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Now, this is a tough one. I've never been to California but I do think I would love the warmth, ocean, beaches, and sunshine. The wildfires, earthquakes and mudslides? Not so much.
New York? I've been there three times and loved it more each time! BUT I would not want to live there permanently. It's a great place to visit, though! Soooo, I would have to say New York!
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
Yes, LOUD. That about does it. :-)
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
Regular Doritos. Oh.my. May we have a moment of silence please? *sigh* Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!!
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
Liar, Liar with Jim Carey.
Years ago, when it was being advertised, Daniel (our son) and I KNEW it would be hilarious BUT we also knew that we wouldn't be watching it unless it came on TV. Eventually, it did, and while it was still pretty racey, it was and still is THE funniest movie I have ever seen! IMHO. :-)

8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
I cut my bangs when I was in jr. high/ high school and it seemed I ALWAYS got them too short and then couldn't wait for them to grow out a little.
My dear husband has always said that the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is about 2-4 weeks! :-)
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
Oh, definitely my house. As I get older, I'm lest apt to dig in and change much here at home, though I would love to have many things changed. I'd just like someone else to do it! :-)

10. Are you allergic to anything?
Dusting. Not dust, per se, but the act of dusting. :-)
Besides that, I'm not allergic to anything. Nada. Amazing, hm? :-)

11. Why is it so hard to change?
Because, whether they are good habits or bad, we find comfort in them. They become our version of "normal" in this life. BUT, I can tell you of a surety, after surrendering my life to the Lord many years ago, that with His help, it is possible to change ANY habit.

12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
Gosh, but I feel like I've had to do ALOT of thinking in this Random Dozen. My brain is hurting. :-)
I've been the most vulnerable in my marriage and it has been worth it. I am married to this amazing man who knows everything about me and loves me anyway!
Also, I have a very small group of friends that I've been able to share myself with and I know, without a doubt, that they love me just as I am. I am blessed.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh I loved the gun story. I could totally picture it : )

Have a great day!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I love #1 & #6! And, AMEN to #10!!

Mrs. NB

Stephani Cochran said...

I loved reading your random dozen. You have a wonderful sense of humor and a tender spirit to boot! Glad I stopped by and I'll be back!

Barbara H. said...

LOL @ #1!

Great answers to the last two as well.

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers Jewel. Love the gun story! And love #12.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
By the way I am signing up as a follower.

until next time... nel