Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Wednesday's Random Dozen #14


It's time for another Random Dozen! Number 14, to be exactified....that's Tigger-speak for those of you that don't know. :-)

Anyhoooo....if you would like to join in, just link up over at Linda's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee and have some fun!

1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
Wellll......some might say the Wicked Witch of the West, but I would have to say the Scarecrow! :-)

2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
My top or blouse because then I build my outfit from the colors that are in it: shoes, skirt, t-shirt, hose or tights.

3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
After watching the Blue Planet series, it would just have to be one of those deep sea critters that lives miles below the surface of the ocean that no one ever sees anyway, even if they are really unique and beautiful when discovered and captured on film by some special camera that cost a kazillion dollars so someone like me could see them and be simply amazed and oooo and ahhhh because I like to watch stuff like that. the end.

4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
Only one, IF I decide to put it up this year. I will definitely put up lighted garland and such, but I'm undecided about the tree, as of yet. You see, we have this crawling-about-to-walk adorable little boy in our home this year and I'm thinking I don't want to have to tell him "no" constantly or be smacking his little hands.

5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
Oh, no.....I could not survive without feeling the love and happiness that life can bring. Yes, heartbreak can be debilitating but the Lord is such a comforter and has always been there and seen me through.

6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
Yes, some years more than others. Though, as I've gotten older, not so much, thankfully.

7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
No, because I've never listened to it. Well, I'm sure that if I listened to some of it, it would be familiar, having randomly heard it, here and there. You know what I mean! :-)

8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
Well, let me tell ya, I just think some people look ridiculous with these perfectly white, straight, gap-free, HUGE teeth! I mean, come on!!!!

9. Enjoy horseback riding?
Uh, no. I've never had any luck riding a horse. Two of my uncles had horses, so when we went to visit them, we kids always wanted to ride them, of course. Well, at my Uncle Bill's, they helped me up on this horse, who immediately took off in hunt of the horse next door who was, well, "available", for lack of a better word. Right in front of my uncle's house, he stepped out of the front door, having heard my blood-curdling screams, yelled something at the horse and that horse stopped dead in its tracks, catapulting me over its head to the ground! Wow! As you can tell, I've never forgotten THAT experience.
Then, my other aunt and uncle had horses, too. Sooooo, one time when we were there, once again, they helped me up on one of their horses for a leisurely ride around their mobile home. Did I say leisurely? That horse took off around the house where it got too close to the house, which did not have under-pinning and it was way up in the air, and caught my thigh on an undercorner of the house, about ripping my leg off! I survived, but I no longer have a fondness for riding horses. But then, even if I did, this 58-year-old, double-hip-replaced body has no desire to climb up on one. *groan* No, thank you, I'll just pet their soft noses. :-)

10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
Practical because my body won't let me wear stylish. :-)

11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
Winky. He was our family's little Pekingnese. He only had one eye, so my dad got him for a really great price from a kennel where he did the plumbing work.

12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
I cannot really say because we don't do alot of shopping and gift-giving at Christmas-time. It is more about getting together with friends and family and celebrating and remembering our Saviour's birth in that way, whether it is at church or parties or banquets! Let the celebrating begin!! :-)

4 comments:

MotherT said...

I had to laugh at #1. At work, I have been known occasionally as the Wicked Witch of the Teller Line, because I have a tendency to get really brusque with tellers who aren't doing their job!

Joyce said...

Oh my...the horse story would put me off ever getting back on one!

I suppose most of us have a bit of the Wicked Witch in us at times : )

Have a nice day!

Barbara H. said...

We have had some similar experiences with horses!

I'm all for practicality these days rather than fashion. It's sad that it has to be one or the other. Why can't practicality be stylish? I think I will go add that line to my answers. :-)

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

Oh your horse story sounds painful. I'm sorry!
Loved your pet name. :)