Saturday, December 12, 2009

Here it is...Sunday already! Yesterday...Saturaday....was truly a day off for me! It has been such a busy week! AND my internet access has been sketchy because our phone line needed repaired outside but Ed got it fixed yesterday morning! In the frigidly cold morning air!!! :-)

Sooo, that is one reason why I have not posted or commented on blogs the last few days!

BUT on the positive side, I sat at my computer last night...Friday night..... and got all of my pictures organized into folders!!! *whew* That WAS an accomplishment!!! AND an enjoyable one, I might add!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soooo....to recap my week:

Tuesday evening, my sister Debbie and I went to our church's ladies' Christmas party. I took a delicious Peanut Butter Apple Trifle that I DIDN'T get a picture of!! I wish I could be more like Barbara or Mrs. NurseBoy who always post pictures of everything! (Do you two have your cameras surgically attached to your hands or sumthin'? *smile*)

I had wanted to fix a Christmasy looking trifle but couldn't find the recipe I had wanted to use and couldn't come up with anything off the top of my head BUT wouldn't you know....I found the recipe for the Christmas trifle AFTER I had finished the Peanut Butter Apple one! *sigh*

I also took Potato Soup which was delicious on such a rainy, cold evening. I really just wanted to stay home...inside and warm....but I'm so glad that we went. We had a great time with the ladies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday evening, Erin and I joined in with my sisters, nieces, great-nieces, and a few random great-nephews thrown into the mix....*grin*.....for a cookie exchange! We had a ball!!! And did we ever have the cookies!! I brought Ed home a plethora of cookies! (To THAT he would say, "You brought me a bunch of different kinds, too! LOL) You should have seen how his face lit up!!! :-) He loooooves cookies!!

Our sister-in-law Sandy brought a big cooker of homemade vegetable soup and I made sloppyjoes and we had sherbet punch....my fave!!! :-) We had a blessed time but, alas, no pictures! AND I DID have my camera with me! But I was too busy to be taking pictures! You know.....hogging down munching on cookies, slurping up eating vegetable soup, guzzling sipping punch! :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Both nights I was soooooo worn out, aching, back hurting...so much so that I just had to force myself to go but both times I was so glad that I did. I just love being around people and I love this most wonderful time of the year!

This week our Christmas banquet at church is Tuesday evening at Lee's Banquet Haus. And our annual Peters' Family Get-together is Saturday at 3pm at the church in the fellowship hall. I am roasting a turkey and making rolls for our get-together. AND I'm in charge of our annual game of family/Christmas bingo which everyone loves!! :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally got to watch the movie "Julie and Julia" last night. We don't watch alot of movies but when we do we have been getting them from the Red Box dispenser at Walmart. Kroger's also has one. It is so nice to be able to pay $1 for a movie for one day. We quit renting them when the video stores started charging for five days. I mean, who wants to watch a movie for five days? Hello. Also, our local library has a great selection of old and new movies and we like to get movies there, too, though they are sometimes hard to get.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little Jaylon is growing by leaps and bounds!!! He is just about ready to walk! :-) He will be a year old the 22nd of this month! He calls most everything "Gog" which we thinks means "Dog". Ellie, the cat, will take off through the house and Jaylon will start saying "Gog....Gog...." I told him that Ellie would be so mortified if she knew that she was being called a "Dog". :-)

Here is a picture of the boy with which I will end this post before it gets too terribly long! :-) For some reason, he loves playing with his grandpa's belt! :-)



But WAIT! There's more! (Where have I heard THAT before? LOL) Here's a picture of our front porch decorated for Christmas!

2 comments:

MotherT said...

Thanks for the update on your doin's! Sounds like you have had a VERY full week.

Jaylon is just so adorable! Everytime you post a pic of him, I get the urge to travel down and squish him!

Jewel said...

Hi Theresa! You are welcome! I need to post more often but some days it just seems nigh to impossible to even get close to the PC!
Oh, he is definitely squishable! :-) I can't hug on him enough!!