Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random 12 #7 and Whew!!!!



I feel like Barbara! Going, going, going! Whew!

My sister Debbie's surgery/bypass was postponed until NEXT Wednesday which did not set well with the family but....oh, well. She has not smoked for ONE week as of today! This is simply amazing because Debbie has smoked like forever. We are so proud of her and are encouraging her all that we can.

I have been preparing food for after the funeral of our pastor's father, have to get a shower, get Jaylon ready to go, load up the car, not forget anything, make sure I have the music all together for the service....*pant...pant...pant*.

Ed is watching Jaylon while I post this quickly!

I am also going to include my Wednesday's Random 12 #7 in this post!! It is hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee and we are having fun with it!!! :-)

1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
Well, I actually do a little of both. My writing has morphed into a writing/printing type of style. I wouldn’t want to do ALL printing because that is too tedious AND I wouldn’t want to do ALL cursive because it is too time-consuming to join all of the letters together. I really like my writing style but have found that people either really like it or tell me they can't read it. Oh well. :-)
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
I think I would have to say “dreamer” because I always want to believe the best of people and situations. I am an optimist and I've wondered if you can be an optimist AND a realist. Of course, my being an optimist has much to do with my faith in God and the fact that He is on the throne and in control! :-)


3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
I don’t know because I’ve never really listened to either one of them very much.


4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
Friday the 13th! I was almost due to give birth to Daniel and it was the only thing on TV to watch on a Friday night. Ed REALLY wanted to watch it, so I said OKAYYY. Now mind you, I do not have much tolerance for scary movies. I ended up sitting on the floor next to Ed, all hugged up to his legs, scared to death! Finally, it ended and this girl was in a boat in the middle of a small lake and I thought, thank goodness! When all of a sudden this creature comes up out of the water and grabs her! I just about gave birth right then and there!
I made Ed sit in the bathroom with me while I got a shower and I told him that if I had to get up in the night to go to the bathroom, he HAD to go with me!


5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
When Daniel was about a two years old, I thought someone had snatched him from our yard! Our yard was fenced in and he was just running around and playing, while I was sitting on the deck drinking a cup of coffee. I didn't notice him for just a short while, went looking for him and couldn't find him. I looked and looked. I couldn't find him! I was terrified! I ran out into the street yelling his name and here he came toddling around the house! I never did know where he had been hiding but I will never forget that terrifying feeling! Never.

6. What word do you misspell without fail?
I can NEVER remember how to spell weird/weird! Even now, I am not sure and it just aggravates me! *feeble grin* AND I was the spelling bee champ in all of my classes all through school. *embarrassed grin*


7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.
Hmmmm…..I have to really think about this one. It would have to be any kind of sports. I am just not any good at any of them.


8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Again, this would be a little of both. There are times that I just need to be alone and then there are times when I really need to be around people and interact.

9. Have you ever been on TV?
Yes, for an instant when we went to NYC. Ed and I walked down to Rockefeller Plaza and were on the Today show outside waving at the camera!!


10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Oh, I loooove pumpkin pie that has been in the fridge and gotten really cold and firm, with Cool Whip on it!!! Yum!


11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?Nada. zilch. I go to the library! I cannot check out the current issues but that's okay. But, I am considering subscribing to a couple of cooking magazines because they are offering one-year subscriptions to first-time subscribers for just $10!

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
To control my tongue, to not procrastinate, and to trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding. :-)

4 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

They say that those who write/print are very creative. (I do the same thing)
I don't do horror flicks any more. Suspense is one thing,horror is different and leave me feeling uneasy.
I don't know where I would be without spellcheck.(or my wife who is the grammar police)

Barbara H. said...

I don't watch horror films any more, either. I think the last one I saw was when I was a teen-ager.

Losing a child even for a few minutes is incredibly frightening.

I am not good at any sports, either, but I don't like them, so I couldn't use that as an answer. :-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Your answers make you seem like a very balanced person! Wish I could be more like you in #2.Loved your answers. Have a great weekend.

Jewel said...

Well, of course we are very creative, Sir! :-) But then we knew that , hm? LOL I KNOW that you ARE! Especially with your SS class!
Hey, Barbara! When I thought that Daniel had possibly been abducted, I died a few times inside. It was horrible! Thank the Lord he was still safe there in our yard!
Thanks, Linda, for thinking that I MIGHT be a very balanced person! LOL Some days are better than others! :-)