Monday, October 19, 2009

It's Monday! Time for some randomness!

Where, oh, where are you, Mrs. NB?! I miss you!! I know, I know...you told us already...:-) Hopefully, you will be back to your randomness today!!!

And is it ever cold! 29 degrees in the heart of the Hocking Valley! The frost is surely on the pumpkin this morning! I keep waiting for Indian Summer to show up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ed's birthday was Saturday! He turned a good-looking, handsome, wonderful husband 67! I was gone most of the day, so he a day of peace and quiet, doing-absolutely-nothing kind of day....his favorite. :-)

But he DID do a little something, in that he got me flowers and candy for Sweetest Day! I was REALLY surprised because I don't know that we've every really done anything for eachother on Sweetest Day but, hey, I could get used to it AND I'm not complainin'! :-)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems we keep going to bed earlier and earlier, then getting up earlier and earlier. We were in bed a little before nine o'clock Saturday night! We always read before going to sleep but, still, I was out by 9:30! Consequently, I woke up at 5:00am ready to greet the day, even if it was still dark! :-)

AND I didn't even take my usual Sunday afternoon nap yesterday! I don't know where I've been getting all of this energy! :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I fixed brats, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes for dinner yesterday. Oh, it was all yummy!

Then Daniel called when they got home from church. He asked us to step out onto our back porch and there he and Erin were standing by their car. He held something up and pushed it and his car started! Their car has a remote starter!!! It came with it and they didn't even know it until yesterday! They discovered it!
So now I have been smitten with remote-starter envy! *sigh*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Backing up a little here......a friend called Friday and asked if I could do the music for her daughter's wedding which was on Sunday afternoon (yesterday). Their musician canceled at the last minute. Fortunately, I was able to. Rehearsal was at noon on Saturday. The wedding was at four-thirty yesterday afternoon.
Soooo......I got up early on Saturday morning, got things done around the house here, then headed to the church to clean the bathrooms and vestibule; next, Pat met me at the church while I was still there and I did her hair; then it was off to wedding rehearsal.
After the wedding rehearsal, I stopped by and visited with my sister Debbie for awhile and ended up making her two loaves of zuchinni bread, which she had all of the fixins for but just didn't feel like making herself. We had such a nice visit. I just love her so much and am so thankful for our relationship! Her open-heart surgery is still scheduled for Wednesday at 7:30am!
THEN I went to Walmart and bought Ed a few small gifts AND a variety of candy for his birthday! He loves his candy! :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, we have THE BOY!!! :-) He just woke up from his early morning nap so I have to finish this up pretty quickly! Oh, sometimes I am just amazed at how much I love this little Jaylon! My heart feels like it is just about going to burst sometimes!!! :-)
Anywayyyyyy.......we girls, my sister and two sisters-in-law are taking Debbie out for her birthday dinner this evening. Her birthday isn't until Nov. 4 but we got to thinking that she will probably not be up to going out to dinner any time soon AFTER her surgery, so tonight is the night we celebrate her 60th!!!!! birthday!!!! I just can't believe she is SIXTY!!! And I'm right behind her!!!
Isn't it amazing how we just don't feel as old as we thought our parents WERE when they were this age? :-) But it's true! AND I never thought I would BE this age! Fifty-eight on November 8! But, I'm feelin' good! I feel like I have a new lease on life with these new hips and new grandbaby!!
I know, I know......I'm rested from a wonderful Sunday and good night's rest, it's still early on Monday morning, I've had two cups of coffee and a cookie. Slow down a bit....pace yourself....*smile*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll end with this: I've had this song going through my mind and I've been singing it for days. I sang it at church yesterday morning and it seemed to really minister to people. It's just how I've been feeling.

In Christ alone will I glory,
Though I could pride myself in battles won,
For I've been blessed beyond measure,
And by His strength alone I overcome,
Oh, I could stop and count successes,
Like diamonds in my hand,
But those trophies could not equal,
To the grace by which I stand.

In Christ alone, I place my trust,
And find my glory in the power of the cross,
In every victory let it be said of me,
My source of strength, my source of hope,
Is Christ alone.

In Christ alone will I glory,
For only by His grace I am redeemed,
Only His tender mercy,
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need,
Now I seek no greater honor,
Than just to know Him more,
And to count my things but losses,
To the glory of the Lord.

3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

A belated happy birthday to Ed!

Oh, I could get used to automatic starters real fast. If only they made automatic house door openers.

Wow, what a busy weekend! I don't think I would have had the energy for all that!

I've never heard that song, but it is filled with truth.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

We had the first inklings of frost here this morning. I'm not liking what's coming.

It would be nice to have a remote starter for those cold Ohio winter days. Getting into a warm is one of the simple pleasures of life.

My wife has sung that song in church before. It does have a wonderful message.

Jewel said...

Hey, Barbara and Sir! I think an automatic starter would be especially nice for those cold, winter nights when we get out of church and it is sooooo freezing cold outside. Our church is on a small hill in a open area and we say that it is the coldest spot in Hocking County!!