Tuesday, September 22, 2009

God is in control

He Maketh No Mistake

My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.

Though night be dark and it may seem ,
That day will never break,
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll surely trust,
And leave it all to Him.


For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make;
Through all the way, though dark to me,
He made not one mistake.
(A. M. Overton)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all face times of questioning and doubt in our walk with the Lord and in searching for scriptures online yesterday, I happened upon this website, where I discovered this beautiful poem. It was later set to music as a hymn by Adrian V. Miller. It ministered to me so and I wanted to share with it you, just in case you are in need of some encouragement.

3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Amen.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Beautiful!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Linda said...

I remember vaguely singing the song in church, but the ones on Youtube are different. I have found that twice, the Australian songs are possibly different.