Saturday, February 21, 2009

*Yawwwnnnnnn*





I'm tired. I'm sleepy. I'm tuckered out.
Have I under-estimated how much energy it would take to care for our new little grandson? I mean, how hard can it be? And Ed is here helping me. He really is but most of the time, I take care of the little guy myself.
Plus, I try to keep my daily things done here at home.
Come Friday night and Saturday, I am ready to sleep and lay down and rest and doze and nap and....well, you get the general idea.
This morning, I crawled back into bed...INTO bed..not just laying down on top of the covers...at around 11am.
Of course, I had been up since 7:30am. I had done laundry, fixed breakfast (bacon,eggs,toast), cleaned my stove really good, fed the pets, and done my general tidying-up.
I finally got up at about 12:30pm, showered, washed my hair, fixed my hair and we went to Grand Buffet for a late lunch, then to Walmart for a few things, and finally home again at about 5pm. I put everything away, fixed myself a nice, cold glass of fruit punch and sat down at my computer to catch up on things and pay some bills.
And to yawn....and stretch....and long to lay down again. *feeble grin*
I hear the bed calling my name....*sigh*
But I haven't posted since Tuesday! I just haven't been able to find the time or felt coherent enough to form a decent post.
Oh, and talk about Wednesday night and going to church! Wow....I was so tired by evening, I could hardly think about going to church but we did and I'm so thankful that we did. It always amazes me at how much better I feel after entering the sanctuary of the Lord, worshipping Him, singing and playing and losing myself in His presence, feeling His strength become my strength.
"He gives me strength as I worship Him,
And my heart is filled with praise,
Jesus breaks the bands as I raise my hands,
And gives glorious victory."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think my body just needs to do some adjusting and getting stronger, as I take care of this precious little Jaylon. He is a joy!

2 comments:

Denise said...

May God pour His strength into you sweetie.

Jewel said...

Thank you so much, Denise. I do need your prayers. I'm dealing with a nasty headcold and endeavoring to take care of little Jaylon. The Lord is helping me and so is my dear husband. I don't know what I do without either of them! *smile* ((warm hugs to you))