Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I have to make this quick!



Jaylon is napping in Grandma's bed and he is due to wake up just any minute! *whew* This has been an adjustment this week, taking care of a 6-week-old baby. But I love it and Ed helps me. BUT I'm still going to physical therapy AND carrying little Jaylon about, so my body is kind of rebelling against me.

I was in bed by eight o'clock Monday night! I couldn't stay awake or up any longer!! I tried to nap when Jaylon did but I found it difficult to relax for some reason. Tuesday, I did a little better, but today, with physical therapy again this morning, I am feeling drained. I did lay down with Jaylon for a little while but was not able to really rest because he squirms and makes little noises and I am such a light sleeper. But I wouldn't trade watching the little guy for anything!

The days go by so quickly and I do manage to keep things done here at home but I just can't believe how busy a little one keeps me. Of course, by saying "busy", alot of the time is spent holding and lovin' on that baby boy....*smile*.....AND feeding him AND talking to him. I can tell he is wanting to say something back to me soooo much 'cause when I am talking to him, he just squirms and stretches and moves his little mouth and tongue....it is sooo adorable! Just any day now he'll be cooing and making all of those adorable little baby noises. *smile*

I am getting so much stronger in my legs and back through doing my physical therapy. I hardly use my cane here at home any longer but with the snow and ice still lingering outside, of course, I use it when I go anywhere. I am so thankful for the progress I am making and I still am amazed that I am able to walk almost normally again. I feel like I have a new lease on life! BUT I am trying to pace myself and not get too carried away! *smile*

Well, I had better go because I haven't give much thought to what we are having for supper and the Main Man is going to be waking up soon. I hope you are all having a great week!!

7 comments:

Jana said...

He is soooo cute...almost makes ya wanna have another..like i said almost. i now know that those sweet lil innocent bundles of joy turn into teenagers. i will refrain from saying EVIL teenagers. haha j/k. He is cute!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

He is simply precious! Remember to take care of yourself, too ;0)
What a blessing he must be to have around!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Tersie said...

aww ... I would love to plant kisses all over those sweet little cheeks! Babies are so beautiful!!

And I'm glad to read that your physical therapy is going well for you!

Denise said...

Jaylon is so, so cute. I am praying for you.

MotherT said...

I love that the Lord worked everything out, even to the timing of your surgeries/healing/therapy for you to be able to help take care of Jaylon.

Glad to hear that your therapy is going so well. Keep up the good steady progress.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! That picture of him with his grandpa is just precious.

Glad you are doing so well!! Take care of yourself and don't overdo.

Jewel said...

Hello ladies!!! It is so good to "see" all of you! Thank you so much for stopping by! Grandpa Ed is tending to Jaylon so I am surfing the web a little bit. I just don't seem to be able to find much time for the internet.
((HUGS)) to each of you precious ladies!