Sunday, February 08, 2009

Week one down! And we made it!

We finished our first week of caring for little Jaylon and we didn't have any major mishaps. Well, Ed did have to change his first yucky diaper while I was at physical therapy Friday. :-/ It was a doozy, I guess. He said he gagged a few times. Oh my. Anywayyyyy......once I got home from PT, we bundled up the boy and went to Jack's Steakhouse for lunch. Here's a pic of Jaylon in his carseat, ready to go.

He slept the whole time and everyone thought he was gorgeous. *smile*
Sooooo, we got home and the little guy woke up, so Ed was holding him while I got his bottle ready. All of a sudden, Ed jumped up and said that he was getting all wet! Soooo, I took Jaylon and put him on his changing table, only to find out that his diaper was down around his knees! It was so funny! Poor little guy. So, I'm going to have to give Ed some gentle pointers on how to properly diaper a baby. *smile* Today (Monday), I got home from PT just in time to change another yucky diaper that the boy did. Just in time to save Ed from having to do the honors.

I'll be honest, though, and say that Jaylon can be a handful to diaper! Whew! He usually cries like crazy as soon as the air hits his little bottom and he moves his little legs around so much it's hard to get the clean diaper positioned and all. But I do manage to get it done! Yeah! AND when the boy is hungry, he wants his bottle NOW! I mean, he cries and cries, so I've gotten to the place where I endeavor to have his bottle all ready to go. *whew* It's keeping me on my toes but I feel so blessed to be caring for our little grandson and Daniel and Erin thanks us all of the time.

I meant to post this last Friday evening or Saturday morning but I just can't seem to get anything done on time. It's taking some time to get a schedule down and to get organized and all with the new grandbaby here every day.

Ohhhhh.....and last night, Daniel and Erin called to ask if we would keep him overnight so they could get a good night's sleep to start the week and of course, we said yes. Well, Jaylon went to sleep at eleven o'clock, slept until 3am, was changed,fed, and back to sleep by 3:30. He woke up this morning around 7:30. I was simply amazed! Daniel never slept long periods of time like that until he was about 13 months old.

Soooo, Jaylon was very good during the night BUT the kitty of the house, as pictured below, was not!
She is just unsettled when Jaylon is here. So last night, she kept jumping up on me in bed and would knead me from one end to the other and then walk up around my head, purring and rubbing against me. Usually, I'm not even aware of when she gets on the bed because she does it very subtly and just lays against my legs on the edge of the bed. But not last night! And I couldn't shut the door because of the baby. So it was a pretty restless night and I'm feeling it tonight, so bedtime is coming early!


Denise said...

I am glad you have enjoyed taking care of sweet Jaylon, those diapers can be smelly, lol

Theresa said...

I can understand the restless pet thing! Sparky is a bundle of nerves when Eva is here. He DOESN'T! LIKE! IT! if she is laying in a different room than the rest of us are in.

I love the Ed diapering story! We have one of those from when Ross and I were dating and he changed Jessica's diaper. She stood up and walked right out of it. He didn't want it to be too tight on her belly.

Jewel said...

Hi Denise...yes, it is amazing how such sweet little babies can produce such "air pollution", hm? *smile*

Well, Theresa, I'm thankful someone understands my pet dilemna! So Ellie isn't the only one going through an adjustment, hm? *smile* AND Ed has a compatriot in the diaper debacle! Yes! *smile* That is probably what he was concerned with, too...the tightness.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Love the diaper story!!!!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

Ed gets all the credit for that one, Mrs. NB! *smile*