Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I miss my mind the most

Sooooooo, I put off having an MRI and some other tests that I've needed until I got my Medicare Card and Humana, which is kind of a supplement, but not really......THEY say, but I present my Humana card whenever I go to the doctor, pharmacy, hospital, etc. and then Humana works with Medicare to cover any charges. Anywayyyy.....I was supposed to automatically receive my Humana card when Medicare kicked in, but I didn't. So I called our agent, oh, three or four times, leaving messages, asking why I had not received my card. She finally returned my call and said that everything in their system said that my card had been mailed, I was all ready to go as of April 1st. Well, I was in the car going somewhere with Ed when I received this call and after hanging up, I thought that I would just look in my billfold, go through my cards and so on. AND......there is was! My Humana card!!!! I promise you.....I do not remember receiving it! I don't know when I got it but there it was....right behind my social security card which is in front of my Medicare Card which is right behind my drivers license, where I keep all of my important cards!!!! Good Heavens!!! All I can figure out is that because Ed and I signed up for Humana at the same time, we must have gotten our cards at the same time, even though mine was not to become active until April. His became active back in December.
So this morning, I had a pelvic ultrasound at our local hospital. I had to have a full bladder. Well, this was going to be a trick because that is part of the reason I was having all of this done in the first place but hey.....ya gotta do what ya gotta do. So I drank enough water to float a battleship.....or so it seemed.......and hoped for the best. *feeble grin* Sooooo, any other time, my bladder would be torturing me every few minutes but I promise you......Ed took me to the hospital. I checked in. The ultrasound tech (a wonderfully sweet woman) came and escorted me to the examining room. I got all prepped and laid down on the table and my bladder was not full enough! Helloooooo!!! Soooooo, I proceeded to drink two more HUGE glasses of water. I swear I was beginning to hear a sloshing sound in my ears and the sweet tech lady was telling me that if my bladder didn't fill up adequately we could always reschedule. HELLOOOOOOOO.......... So, I just closed my eyes and prayed (seriously) that my bladder would fill. This dear lady, who was doing the ultrasound, and I just hit it off. We had so much in common that we about talked ourselves silly! And finally, finally...my body cooperated! And she was able to get the images that were needed.
Backing up a little here, when Ed and I arrived at the hospital, of course, I started seeing so many people that I had not seen for some time, as I just don't get out as much as I used to. My DH is always amazed at how many people I know. ???? I've lived here all of my life AND I love people. He says I am like the pope: I know everybody. Well, I don't know about that but anywayyyyy......it was good to see so many sweet people and be able to catch up a little with them.
Again, I'll keep you posted as to what is going on with me and this body of mine. I do know that I am going to have surgery. I just hope it is soon because I want so much to get better, to get back on my feet, to get my back fixed, if possible.
The weather this week is absolutely beautiful here in SE Ohio! I am so thankful for the sunshine! I've been watching Ed and encouraging him (*grin*) as he works in the yard and gets it in shape and ready to mow.
Happy Spring, Everyone!!

No comments: