It's that time again! Yes, you guessed it! Wednesday's Random Dozen!! If you would like to join in the fun and meet some wonderful people and hopefully make some new friends, then click on over to Linda's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee and submit your random dozen!
1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?
If it is just for and Ed...well, even if it was for company, I'd probably just fix more!
Chicken, rice, broccoli skillet meal!
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
My glasses. I am blind without them. When I still worked at the library, I was on my way to work one morning and I kept thinking that everything looked a bit muddled, only to arrive at the library and realize that I didn't have my glasses on! Egads! So, I called my dear husband and he brought them to me. :-)
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
The LIBRARY!! I can spend literally hours in the library when I am by myself. I read the newspapers. Then I move onto the magazines. I usually gather up a few and sit at one of the reading tables while I leaf through them. Next, I'll get on one of the next-to-the-speed-of-light web-surfing computers. Then I may browse the bookshelves for awhile. It's like a mini-vacation for me. Now, if they would just let me have a nice hot cup of coffee or ice cold Diet Pepsi to sip on while I do all of this. :-)
4. Share one factoid of your family's history.
My dad was in the 101st Airborne Division in WWII. When I see all of the films and so on of WWII and read about all of the lives that were lost, I realize what a miracle it is that he survived, especially in light of the fact that he also was awarded the Purple Heart. Total U.S. casualties: 500,000. Total international casualties: 52,199,262
I also had a brother and two brothers-in-law who served in Vietnam and survived. Total U.S. casualities: 58,178
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
....actually taught two one-hour aerobics classes, back to back, on Monday evenings at church and, more recently, I used to walk 4-5 miles a day, every day. I was so healthy and fit. *sigh*
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
I asked the hubs what he would choose and his answer was the same as mine....Gas. The kind you put in your car, that is. :-)
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
I like for my house to be in order. I mean, I like to "live" in my house, but I can't truly relax if it is a mess. (This is what my DH said was "quirky" about me.)
What I think is quirky about me is that even though I am a very outgoing sociable person, there are times when I am quiet and can even be a little bit shy. Yes, I can be. It is true. Though it doesn't happen very often.
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
A cold diet Pepsi! Oh yes....so refreshing, especially on ice!
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
.....my dear husband. I'm serious! No matter how badly I may be feeling, he always manages to make me laugh. I am so thankful for him! I am truly blessed to have him by my side. :-)
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
Stop eating? :-) Okay, I'll be realistic: Stop procrastinating!! Just do it!!!
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
Send them a card of encouragement and pray earnestly for them.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?
Ed's 50 year class reunion and my 40 year class reunion. :-)