Wednesday, March 09, 2011
It's Wednesday! Hodgepodge Time!
Here I am....posting at the last minute....again! :-/ I've been working on this here and there throughout the day and am finally finished!!
I apologize for not being able to get around to everyone's blog and commenting but my dial-up has been impossibly slow and I just don't have the time it takes to be on the internet and get anything done!! BUT Frontier (our phone provider) let us know that they will have high-speed capabilities to us in about three weeks!! Yes!! Finally!!! Hopefully, I will be able to get back into my blogging groove once again!! AND visit all of your wonderful blogs and comment and so on!!!
Anywayyyy.....here is my Wednesday Hodgepodge for your viewing pleasure.
If you would like to join in, just go to Joyce's blog at From This Side of the Pond, where you will find out how to do so!
1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
I am not a big lover of pancakes BUT if I DO have them I prefer plain ones with lots of butter and syrup! :-)
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights.
I do love beautiful tulips and lots of them in a myriad of colors, though I don't have a tulip one in my yard!! I know, I know, I need to plant some! :-0
Thankfully, I do not suffer from allergies, though our son Daniel does. He really has a rough time of it but is usually able to find some relief with medicine, though it doesn't always seem to help. My heart really goes out to those who do suffer with allergies!
4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why?
Okay, I'm not sure that I am up to thinking this hard so early in the day. Maybe I'll come back to this one! :-)
5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen?
Yes, I've been in quite a few parades as I was in the marching band in school. Oh, the memories! :-) And our church has had a float/unit in our local Christmas parade several times and I've loved participating in that, too.
I think the BEST parade I've ever seen was the Parade of Hills in Nelsonville, Ohio, several years ago. You see, this is an annual event and we used to go every year....we were younger then. :-) It was an awesome parade with several marching bands, which is my favorite part of a parade, and many other great units! But now there are only TWO bands and the parade is much smaller.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________?
That my oldest nephew and his precious boys were together. It's a long story and so heart-wrenching.
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
My car is in pretty good shape on the inside. I just cleaned the inside this past weekend. The outside is not too bad but it usually has some dirt on it because we live on a township road and the weather has been pretty messy around here for weeks. I always keep my trunk cleaned out.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It has rained all night....again. The creek is almost out of it's banks and it is supposed to rain all day today into tomorrow morning. AND now it is looking like we might be getting some snow! Really?
I am so ready for spring and sunshine and warmer temps, green grass and flowers, leaves on the naked trees. Spring forth, O Spring!!