Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits!

Hmmmm.....that might be a good title for a new meme but I'm not EVEN going to go there! I don't have the time AND my computer/internet just isn't fast enough for me to get much accomplished.

Anywayyyyy.......I am still among the living. Oh yes, I am. I will be honest and say that I do FaceBook and that is, no doubt, taking some time away from my blog, which I hope to remedy somehow. It would help if my internet were faster. :-/ BUT I am able to stay in touch with so many family members and friends through FB! Now, if I could only get them to come to my blog, perhaps I would not be so busy with FB.

Jaylon....remember that cute little grandson of mine?....... is growing by leaps and bounds! See?


He is asleep in his bed this morning. His mommy, Erin, drops him off at about 7:20 and most often, I rock him for awhile and he goes right back to sleep for a couple of hours. BUT he doesn't want to take his hat and coat off. Noooo...he goes back to sleep in his coat and hat. Kinda weird but who am I to argue? :-) We all have our little quirks.

TODAY is Ed's and my 25th wedding anniversary!!!! TADA!!! I can hardly believe it!! TWENTY-FIVE YEARS, people!!! Who would have ever thunk it??

I mean, when we got married....I was 34 and he was 43....my brothers acted like it was the Taming of the Shrew or sumthin'! LOL It wasn't THAT bad, for heaven's sake! :-) So, we will celebrate quietly and go onward with life and marriage and the Lord, for He truly has seen us through good times and bad. I can't imagine my life without Ed and I don't want to even try!

I made Ed and Jaylon heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast yesterday for Valentine's day. :-) AND I am NOT responsible for all of the butter and syrup on Ed's pancakes, k? :-)


AND while I'm on the subject of Valentine's Day.....when did it get to be like a mini-Christmas thing? I could hardly believe all of the space that Walmart and other stores devoted to V-Day! Sheesh! Only in America! AND I remember when I was in high school. I had a boyfriend but you didn't send flowers and balloons and all kinds of stuff to eachother at school. Or at least we didn't at our school. My boyfriend did give me a heart-shaped box of candy when we were alone but I just think it has all gotten out of hand. Actually, what holiday in America hasn't gotten out of hand, except for Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day? Just my opinion. :-)

We've had a Volunteer's of America store in our town for as long as I can remember....forever. Well, they decided to close it this past December and I was just devastated. I'm still getting over it, in fact. We bought so many great things there, like new, for next to nothing. Especially books. Like new, up-to-date books. Books for me and especially for Jaylon. And the most I've paid for any of these books is $1.91 for the Tonka Truck book for Jaylon. Most of them were $ .50 to $ .90 each. Unbelievable, hm?



I've purchased clothes for Ed and me, toys for Jaylon......a Tonka dumptruck for $1.91 (they price things kind of strangely) that was like new and sold in the store for $25.00! A Little Tikes basketball stand with rim for $3.94, which sold new for at least $30.oo or possibly more!

Well, we went to Columbus this past Saturday for the express purpose of going to one of the VOA stores there. AND, once again, we found some GREAT books for Jaylon and for me. We figured it up and found that we purchased over $100.00 worth of books for ten dollars and some change! And they were all like new!! We WILL be going back! :-)
Oh, and one last thing about shopping at VOA.....I was wanting a good radio because I like to listen to Focus on the Family and Family Life Today on christian radio but I dont' get good reception here in the hills with the radio that I have. Well, I found this great GE radio at VOA for $1.91! Talk about great reception! You just touch the dial and there's a station playing. So very thankful that I can once again listen to my two favorite programs!

The sun is supposed to shine "brilliantly" today or so the weatherman has said, so I am going to get off of here, get some things done so Jaylon and I can head outside later! :-) There's nothing like sunshine to help the "winter blues". :-) And I am needing a little assistance in that area...still.

I hope your day is off to a good start wherever you are and that the sun/Son is shining brightly upon you!!!

6 comments:

Nel said...

Ohhh he is getting so big! He is so handsome! It is a good thing we do not have one of those stores close to us. I would go nuts, I am terrible when it comes to books, especially at those prices! I am with you on the aisles for Holiday stuff at the stores. Dang they are already putting Easter stuff out and Valentines day was not even over yet. Oh well not much we can do about it... Enjoy the sunshine today with Jaylon!
until next time... nel

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary to you!

And your grandson is just too cute...ha-so true that we all have our quirks. There are worse things than sleeping in a coat : )

Stephani Cochran said...

Happy Anniversary Jewel! Congrats on 25 years! ~ Jaylon is of course as cute as ever!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Congrats on your 25th anniversary. An older man that used to attend our church (he's since passed on) used to say that the first 50 years of marriage were the toughest. After that, it's a piece of cake.

I also like to hit the thrift stores for great buys on books & toys for the grandkids. However, my wife has me on a short leash now when it comes to buying toys because we have so many.

MotherT said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe how much like a little man Jaylon is looking! They grow so fast, don't they?

Barbara H. said...

A belated happy anniversary and Valentine's to you!