Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The best I've got......

Soooo, I was talking to my sister Debbie on the phone yesterday afternoon to see how her weekend was and how she was feeling.

She said her caseworker from Tri-County Mental Health had stopped by earlier to talk with her and see how she is doing.

Debbie has struggled with mental health problems for many years but is doing very well now, though she still counsels and also takes medications.

Anywayyyyy......our brother Johnny stopped by while Kim (Debbie's caseworker) was there. He asked Kim, "So, how's she (Debbie) doin'?"

To which Kim replied, "She's the best I've got!"

Well, it just struck me and Debbie as hilarious and we about died laughing!!! :-)

I said, "Good heavens, then what kind of shape must her other clients be in?" LOL Debbie thought the same thing!

It was just too funny!!! BUT I am so thankful that Debbie is able to laugh about it all because sometimes that just isn't the case, you know?

This was a good day. :-)


My dear sister Debbie shortly after she had her open-heart surgery two years ago. :-)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Laughter is awesome medicine for the soul. I praise GOD for Debbie's attitude! Praying for her.

Hugs,
andrea

PS: I have a blog award for you at arise 2 write. It is the second post down.
I have a prayer request at All Gods Creatures!

Joyce said...

Glad you had some laughter in your day Jewel!

MotherT said...

I love that you all keep close tabs on each other. It's so great to have siblings that are close to you.

Jewel said...

Hi girls! Thanks so much for stopping by! Yes, it is so good to laugh about life AND to be able to share it with my sister!
I'll be by to visit your blogs! Appreciate you all so much! ((HUGS))

Mary said...

So glad y'all were able to laugh!