1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
Well, seeing as how I don't really keep up with fashion...... it would be a fashion nay for me. AND I just can't stand to have anything even remotely snug around my ankles. No, these sandals would never do. :-) The only sandals I have is a pair of black Birkenstocks and I love them!! Talk about comfortable!! They were worth the money, wear like iron, and I could walk MORE than a mile in them! :-)
2. What is your favorite pizza?
Oh, this one is easy! Pizza Crossing All-the-way large pizza!!!! Oh my word!!! It is THE best pizza ever!!!
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
Hmmmm.......I am coming up with a mind blank here. But as I think about my favorite movies, the newer version of "Little Women" comes to mind and I believe I would like to have one of
Jo's (played by Winona Ryder) writing instruments that she used to write Little Women with.
Little Women is such a great movie!
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
It would have to be The Old Dutch Restaurant, though I don't care for it much. In the summer, busloads of people come to this restaurant to eat and shop. There is also an antique mall next door, a craft mall beside the antique mall, a glassware outlet, canoe livery....Hey! you can check it all out HERE! :-) The restaurant's atmosphere is great! The gift shop is very nice. They have wonderful banquet facilities but the food just isn't as good as you might expect it to be. That is my own humble personal opinion.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
Wheat Thins! Oh yum! :-)
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
It would have to be "B", the Biggest Loser. I've lost 50lbs. so many times in my lifetime AND gained it back....a fact that I am not bragging about, in the least. But I would be good at losing weight. It is the keeping it off that I have a leeeeetle trouble with. :-)
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
I would have to say a "7". I just don't like for the inside of my car to be messy.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
Until the big daffodil cross that is planted on a nearby hillside comes out each spring! When I see the green stalks and stems from afar, I know spring is close at hand!!! :-) I am so thankful that someone took the time and put forth the effort to plant this flower cross for all of us to enjoy each spring!
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
Okay, I had a Just My Size catalog laying on the kitchen table. I had been looking through several small catalogs that a friend had given me. I loooove looking through catalogs.
Anywayyyy.....a couple of days ago, Ed picked up the JMS catalog.....which had a young buxom woman on the cover......pointed to the young buxom woman.....and said, "Will you order me one of these?"
It just struck me as sooooo funny!!! We both laughed until we cried!!!! :-) It was just one of those crazy funny moments that a husband and wife share from time to time. :-)
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
Well, one goal I am working toward it finishing an afghan that I started some time ago for a young lady that I love dearly. I was her caregiver when she was a little girl. Then she started going to church with us, was in our youth group, and is now married and living in Bossier City, La., where her husband is stationed in the Air Force. Her favorite colors are hot pink and black, so this is going to be a pretty hot looking afghan! :-)
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
"......that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." I Timothy 2:2
"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;..." I Thess. 4:11
"But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." I Peter 3:4
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
One thing that I know for sure that makes Daniel happy is when he walks in the door in the evening to get little Jaylon and I have something good to eat simmering on the stove! AND especially if I have enough for him to take home for his and Erin's supper!! :-) That is one thing less that they have to do when they get home after a long day at work and a tiring commute home. Daniel LOOOOOVES good food! (He is his mother's son!) I mean, we get emotional about food!!! We are food junkies and I love that about us!!! LOL