1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
Mr. McBroom made Psychology so understandable and enjoyable and he had kind
Of a quirky sense of humor. I just loved him!!! I always felt like I could relax and honestly enjoy learning in his class.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
When we became parents/the day we gave birth to Daniel. I never knew that you could love another human being so all-consumingly. And it was then that I truly understood what other parents feel for their children.
Now that we are grandparents to little Jaylon, I truly understand why grandparents have difficulty in describing the love the have for their grandchildren. It is too awesome for words.
And both of these events caused me to have a new dimension of compassion for others, too.
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
Red is my favorite color because it evokes feelings of happiness, of love, of passion AND of Christmas, which I love! The memory that it immediately brings to mind if of my precious mother. You see, she always kept her finger and toe nails painted a brilliant red. It was kind of her trademark, if you will. She spent the last week of her life in the hospital, struggling to live, but on Thursday of that week, she bounced back for a few hours, feeling fairly good. One of the first things she requested was to have her nails touched up and repainted. So, my niece went shopping for the brightest red she could find and would you believe she came back with Fire Engine Red nail polish? Mom was so pleased!
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
My body can predict a change in the weather! I’m serious!! LOL AND my “frost and tip” job (gray in my hair) has gone crazy!!!
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
When Daniel was little, Yes! With little Jaylon? That’s up to his parents!
6. What's your favorite musical?
Lion King I’ve seen it twice and could see it again and again!
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
Definitely a country mouse!
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."
Well, if they went ahead and did it to surprise me, I would try to be excited and show my appreciation. Actually, I would BE excited BUT I would never spend $19.95 on such a thing, though I’m sure that I’ve spent the same amount, many times, on something that would be thought to be frivolous! :-)
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.
I don’t text at all, especially since finding out that it is very likely that a precious, young 19-year-old girl’s death was almost certainly due to the fact that she was texting while driving. I’ve been telling and asking all of my loved ones to please not text while driving and if they cannot do that then to just have the texting option removed from their phone.
10. “It’s not a party unless _______.”
There‘s lots of food, lots of non-alchocolic beverages with lots of ice, and ME!!! LOL Oh and we can’t forget some really great music! AND balloons, streamers and twinkling lights would really add to the festive party mood, too!! I looove a party!! (My birthday is November 8! *hint* *hint*) Oh, and party games would be great, too! With prizes for the person who WINS the game, not the person who the party is being given for, if, in fact, it is being give for someone in particular! :-)
11. When you’re stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
If I were stuck in traffic: Clip and file my nails, listen to and sing along with music, make necessary phone calls, pray, daydream/think, watch the people in the other cars around me or observe my surroundings, or snooze a little if the traffic was REALLY slow.
If I were in a waiting room: Strike up a conversation with a willing participant. :-) Play games on my cellphone, pray silently, daydream/daydream, close my eyes and relax. ( I wouldn’t dare allow myself to fall asleep because I have been known to snore!)
12. If you weren’t yourself, would you be friends with you?
Yes, I believe I would be.